Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 4:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Mail order private buying parts »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Mail order private buying parts
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mail order private buying parts  (Read 2508 times)
octanejunkie

busy burning fossil fuels

View Profile

Mail order private buying parts
« on: Dec 13th, 2007, 4:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Recently it seems that lots of things have been getting lost in the post. I'm sure theres a few of you out there who've not recieved items/payments.  
That postal strike really f##ked thngs up and many parts i sold on ebay have simply vanished. This has cost me around £300 in lost items. Undecided  All sent around the time of the strike. At the time i sent theses things i'd never had previous problems, so i hadn't kept the reciept or asked for proof of posting. Thus i had no ground to stand on when things got awkward and had to issue full refunds.  Cry  
Its not worth my while to stitch people up, as trust is all in the world of online/mail order trading.
Now whenever i mail things i get "proof of posting" which you have to ask for over the counter.
If ever i send postal orders (never cheques), i get them sent recorded. I have not had any more problems since. Cheesy

If you are ever in any doubt, then don't buy it. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

I'd also like to say that i bought a torque converter and gearbox for my Scorp from "Ultimate". Whilst i was chatting with him (a really nice bloke by the way), he told me exactly the same story about missing items in the post, and his local posties shifty activities. He also said he's been getting a hard time on the forum from some members too......
IP Logged

Stop! Step away from that spanner....
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: Mail order private buying parts
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2007, 11:02pm »

OJ,

Ultimate has had a hard time from some members for good reason. He has renaged on supplying items for which people have paid him good money. He blamed the postal strike, however that was over and done with by the time he started selling things on here.

He has sent pm's and emails to members which basically tell them that it is tough but they aint getting refunds.

I myself sent him a pm asking for an explanation of his activities.... he never gave me the courtesy of a reply.

If you have paid him and got your stuff; you appear to be one of the lucky few but it seems there are more dissatisfied customers than happy ones. I am in the fortunate position to have a garage load of bits and a few spare cars too, few members have that luxury (apart from highlander who has more cars than any Ford dealer ever held at one time!!)
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 7:55am »

Hello, I'm Highlander and I'm an addict  Grin
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 8:44am »

on Dec 14th, 2007, 7:55am, Highlander wrote:
Hello, I'm Highlander and I'm an addict  Grin

and a potential contender for 'Cheeky boy' status as well!!.  Grin Grin
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
octanejunkie

busy burning fossil fuels

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 10:23am »

Crumbs, this blew up quite a storm.  Shocked
Hope you all get your issues sorted, and have a good christmas!
IP Logged

Stop! Step away from that spanner....
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 12:29pm »

recorded delivery means nothing.....according to the post office customer service dept. some time ago i sent an item by recorded, it never arrived. i filled out a lost item form including the tracking number. the reply? they have so many items they're unable to track!!!! and as its recorded its not insured?! i then replied and told them the girl in post office advised recorded as its insured and trackable, they replied saying thats not the case. i then asked why they offer recorded delivery if the tracking number etc is meaningless which means its a con as it costs more for no better service? they just sent a standard apologetic reply with no answer.
IP Logged

Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 4:29pm »

Special delivery is the one that carries the compensation through insurance .... I fell into that trap.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
bizzay1

1997 Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 5:36pm »

I always use next day special delivery IF I use the royal mail, but more often than not & especially with car parts (because of the weight) I find that a courier is as cheap if not cheaper than the PO, especially these people http://www.interparcel.com/
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.