Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 4:23am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« LPG conversion »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   LPG conversion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LPG conversion  (Read 492 times)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

LPG conversion
« on: Dec 21st, 2007, 2:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seeing as the Scorp only has 74K miles on the new engine & autobox, & has plenty of life left in her, then I'm thinking about going for an LPG conversion  Wink.....fuel costs are now at 20% of earnings  Shocked

Looking around, they are the usual price (about £1500), but you can now get 2nd hand systems fitted for around £700  Wink

Has anyone ever fitted (or had fitted) a second hand system ?....& is it any good ?  Smiley

IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

Re: LPG conversion
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 6:50am »

on Dec 21st, 2007, 2:15am, jonnycab wrote:

Has anyone ever fitted (or had fitted) a second hand system ?....& is it any good ?  Smiley

Hi JC

As you know i have had mine converted now for over 18 months from new, it cost me 2k to have it fitted although I could have done it myself and paid to have it set up.  In that time I would say that it has just about paid for itself with regard to fuel savings and it is really brilliant performance wise.

I know there are people out there selling s/h systems and you could very well have no problems at all, however  Huh If you do have problems they could be serious and time consuming.

I would say that in your line of buisness your outlay would be returned a lot sooner due to the mileage and amount of fuel you will use.  You could say that whatever you are spending on petrol you would half on LPG, it would be much cleaner also.

I would certainly advise that you take it to a qualified installer such as Autogas where I got mine, they are the ones who know about the systems they fit, they have the back up, they give the guarantees and certificates so you can be free of congestion charges etc.  Ok you pay a lot for the fitting but you will know the job is right and you certainly won't regret it.

Hope it goes well for you

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: LPG conversion
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 9:15am »

I fitted a second hand system to my 24v which came from a 24v Granada Scorpio. It is the same system that Steve Congrave fitted to his and it came complete with the toroidial tank and all the other bits, even down to the clips holding the pipes underneath.

Total cost was about £450.00 and it saves me a few quid when on the long runs. It probably needs setting up again now as round town is a little tempremental but then again, zooming from the lights is what it is all about!

Baz
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.