Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 5:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2.0 Idle control valve »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   2.0 Idle control valve
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2.0 Idle control valve  (Read 489 times)
pat

Rover 75. Rover 620. Ford P100 Pickup.

View Profile Email

2.0 Idle control valve
« on: Jan 13th, 2008, 12:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Have fitted new ignition harness and idle control valve both ex- Fordpartsuk. Still have the poor idle/hunting which wasn't there until harness fitted. However, something is wrong somewhere. The socket on the valve for the wiring plug points straight up i.e is at 90 degrees to valve body. The wiring comes up from underneath and it is an unnatural stretch for the plug to go up and over into the socket. Can someone confirm please whether I have the right valve. My electrician has gone AWOL with the old one so can't compare. FPUK previously assured me there is only one harness listed so don't think it can be that.
IP Logged

You don't have to be mad to own a Scorp - but it helps!
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: 2.0 Idle control valve
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 12:59pm »

Sounds like you have the valve for a 2.3 - but whether they are the same specification apart from the angle of the plug I don't know.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 3:16pm »

hi there

does this help any?

hth
IP Logged
harry.m1byt

What's YaBB?

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 6:09pm »

My 2.9 12v Scorp and its predessor the 2L Granada (final model) both use the same Hitachi style of IACV - the one with an axial socket at end of the valve, rather than a socket at right angles. So assuming the Scorp 2L engine is the same one as the last Granada 2L then it should be the Hitachi style IACV unit. I also think the plugs for the two types of valve differ, so that might be another way to confirm you have the wrong model.
IP Logged

August '95 2.9 12v auto Ultima -
Now flashing Smiley
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 6:11pm »

Pat if you look at my second link in the post that Andrew has suggested above you will see the two different types of IACV. The 20ltr one is 'straight' whereas the 2.3 is angled. I had the wrong one sent for my 20ltr from Fordparts UK first time. The 20ltr is 1063996 and the gasket is 7165249.  If you check your invoice it will probably show 1058383 and gasket 7090339 which is the 2.3.  There was a recent post however which said that the 'wrong' unit still worked.  Wink Found it. Have a read of THIS Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
pat

Rover 75. Rover 620. Ford P100 Pickup.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 12:39pm »

Thanks guys. Quite right about part no. Dave. Have contactedFPUK and at first they said 1058383 was the only one Ford supply but have rechecked and now say 1063996 is also listed. The "wrong " valve didn't cure the problem and I don't know now whether to get the correct one or cut my losses and give it best. Working on it is beyond my capabilities and trying to find a local garage/mechanic who understands Scorps has not borne fruit. Does anyone know of anybody in the Notts area?
A 2.0 Estate and a 2.9 saloon as a job lot anyone?!
IP Logged

You don't have to be mad to own a Scorp - but it helps!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.