Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 5:01am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« rust killers »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   rust killers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: rust killers  (Read 1686 times)
scorpio197

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily or Found On Rubish Dump

sdavid376
View Profile

rust killers
« on: Jan 31st, 2008, 7:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hello folks,  
I have ordered a rust treatment of the internet called "rust bullit" if it does what it says on the tin it will be a miracle cure for for an older car like the scorp. I am going to use it uderneath the car around all the joints on the chassis etc .... Has anyone else used it ,and does it work ?
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: rust killers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31st, 2008, 11:18pm »

It's all glorified rust eater, just a catylist that turns the rust into something less harmful. I just use plain old rust eater, whether the repair lasts depends more on how well you seal it against moisture afterwards than what you convert the rust with..

Waxoyl and decent quality underseal Smiley
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 9:54am »

Ive tried various things kurust etc but even when done carefully rust still comes back
best results ive had have been with hammerite ,,and by luck they do a dark green which matches the tourmallard  

ive used a single application on the underneath of sills after cleaning basic stuff off and its held solid for over a year ..no kurust no primer no nothing just hammerite
IP Logged
mijfife

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 11:18am »

A product I've used with good results is made by Bilt Hamber and called Deox. They do a liquid version that you can immerse parts in (Deox C) and a gel version (Deox Gel) for using on panels. It's not the fastest stuff but it totally removes the rust leaving clean shiny metal   Shocked Their whole range of products get good reviews in the Classic car press and I've been impressed with the results www.bilthamber.com for more details or there's usually a double page ad in Practical Classics every month.

Cheers Jim
IP Logged

'96 2.5TD Ultima estate running on veg oil!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.