Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 9th, 2024, 3:21am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Wheel bearings now ! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Wheel bearings now !
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wheel bearings now !  (Read 469 times)
ALAN

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Wheel bearings now !
« on: Feb 4th, 2008, 7:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, Thanks for all the help with the calliper, friend got me discount so bought it for £65.00, another friend fitted it 4 me for £5.00. Found out that i now need wheel bearings for same side (rear drivers side) does anyone know the size of the bearing as i have been told its cheaper to get the bearing then get someone to fit it, its a 2.9 scorpio cosworth, seems like if its not one thing its another, oh well
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: Wheel bearings now !
« Reply #1 on: Feb 4th, 2008, 7:40pm »

have a look HERE it might help
As jobs go its a relatively easy job to do just take care and make sure that the nearside on is tightened to the correct torque and use STRONG thread lock .

The hub nuts are not  handed and the n/side one can come undone with wheel rotation ... I Know ..
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 4th, 2008, 9:10pm »

Wheel bearings are pretty easy to do but you may need a puller to get the hub off. You will also need a large socket and torque wrench to undo the hub nut and do the new one up to the required torque figure. The hub bearing kits I bought didn't come with the correct type of hub nut and I had to get these from my local FMD. Bearing kits are around £30 each and hub nuts around £6 each if I remember correctly.
If you are local to me I have the correct socket and a 3/4" torque wrench which you are more than welcome to borrow. PM me if you wish.
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 4th, 2008, 9:22pm »

Wheel bearings from local motor factors or one of those amazing Asian parts shops,about £30.00.As Snoopy says torque very important,200 ft/lbs.People have been known to confuse the tightening of these bearings with taper rollers which needed to be either nipped gently up or fitted with the correct spacer,not so with yours which are preset,you can't damage them by tightening,but you could cause a hairline fracture in the drive shaft if you went really silly with a big tube!
        GOZZ
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.