Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 2:22pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Power saver relay ????? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Power saver relay ?????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Power saver relay ?????  (Read 1021 times)
timduffy7

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Power saver relay ?????
« on: Apr 14th, 2008, 4:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all.  1998 scorpio 2.3 16v
I have no interior lights or door warning lights. First I checked all fuses. All OK. I then went to check R16 in the auxiliary fuse box. There was no relay present at this location. So I was going to order from fordpartsuk. Treverporter came back to me asking  "is this a yellow 4pin Relay with 81AG-14N089-CA"
Since there was no relay present I hadn't a clue. There was a relay as he discribed in R23 so I swapped it into R16, but still no interior or door lights. Could anyone let me know details of R16     Colour-Pins-number. Thanks Tim
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Power saver relay ?????
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14th, 2008, 7:13pm »

With the aid of my neighbour,who's half my age!!, and thus with A1 vision, I can tell you that the yellow relay, R16 fitted to my 2oltr 16v is the one quoted by Trevor. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
timduffy7

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 4:31pm »

Thanks Simmo
I took the yellow relay out of R23 and tried it in R16 but still no joy. I will get back to it in a few days. I think there are several relays the same in the central fusebox, so I will try to swap them. If anybody knows anything else I should look at it will be appreciated if you could pass it on. Thanks again Simmo
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 12:45am »

Are you sure you've checked all the relevant fuses ?....

....F36 in battery side fuse box & F24 in drivers side fuse box.

Does the radio work ?....if not then I would deffinately double check the above fuses  Wink...... Smiley

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/fuseboxes.htm
IP Logged
timduffy7

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 4:26pm »

Thanks Jonny   I checked the fuses again. Guess what  ---- Yes F36 was blown. I put new fuse in. Sadly still no interior lights. I then removed all lights. looked good all bulbs good all wiring looked as it came of the production line. Only the fitting in the rear lugage compartment felt a little worn. The switch felt a little slack. Couldn't find 12v at any of these fittings Huh
In my Owners guide it says relay R16 is the power saver relay, but there is no relay fitted there Huh In the Owners guide it says R22 and R23 are bridge, but in my car R22 is a bridge and R23 has a yellow relay in it Huh?
I supect when I first checked the fuses they were OK. When I then tried to swap yellow relay from R23 to R16 to see if that would fix the lights. I think I heard a little crackle as I pushed it in. That may have been when the fuse blow. Huh
I checked the door lights also. There is a lamp in each door but no electrics. No bulbs no wiring. They are just acting as reflectors. So that sorted that end of it out LOL. Thanks for your help. Tim
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 1:12am »

R16 (power saver relay) is defo yellow, I checked mine  Wink

Have you had the car long ?....maybe the previous owner had removed the relay because it was faulty & just shoved it in R23  Undecided

Have you tried a different relay to the one that you took from R23 ?....The relay could be kaput  Undecided
IP Logged
timduffy7

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 11:33pm »

Thanks Jonny
followed your advise and BINGO I now have interior lights. Everything now working as far as I know, I'm still a little concerned as my auxillary fusebox is not as stated in the Owners guide.  I have taken the relay out of R23, so R23 is now empty. According to the giude there is supposed to be a bridge in itHuh The guide states there should be a bridge in both R22 and R23. There is a bridge in R22 but R23 is now empty Huh Could you let me know if your R23 has a bridge in it. If it has is it the same as the bridge in R22. That will let me know which pins to bridge. Also guide states F35 is 30A fuse for Air compressor. In mine F35 is empty Huh As I,ve said everything seems to be working. When I turn AC to  LO it is cool, but I don't know how cool it's supposed to be.
Thanks again and thanks Simmo
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 9:46am »

Hi there. I've just checked mine and can confirm that mine has exactly the same set up as yours. Fuse 35 is empty and there is no bridge in R23. The Air con works so I guess best left alone !!. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 10:26am »

All sorted then  Wink
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 10:34am »

Quote:
Also guide states F35 is 30A fuse for Air compressor

hi there

this is for the older style rear pump up shockers. nothing to do with the air con.

hth
IP Logged
timduffy7

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 2:20pm »

Thanks Jonny Simmo, Scorpio. Looks like all sorted Thank you very much for all your info-help.
I just got a Trican OBD cable and software from Alex Peper. So I,ll  try and see if I can get it up and running.   WHAT Ye THINK. "not mujch chance, since I can't change a fuse on your own" LOLLOLLOL
Thanks all Tim
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19th, 2008, 3:28pm »

Tim, there are several members on here who are well versed in OBD so if you get stuck give a 'shout' and I'm sure they'll be able to help. Just don't ask me!!!.  Cheesy
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.