Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 7:34pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Tuning the 2.0 16V (Auto) »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Tuning the 2.0 16V (Auto)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tuning the 2.0 16V (Auto)  (Read 735 times)
98scenic

Only my second Ford !

View Profile

Tuning the 2.0 16V (Auto)
« on: May 5th, 2008, 6:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was thinking of getting a little more power from my 2.0 16V Scorp

I see that Superchips list a chip for my car, stating +10bhp and BBR list a star chip as +12bhp

When combined with a panel filter and cat back stainless exhaust will I notice a difference ?

Update, I have started the mods now, a full stainless cat back exhaust was fitted today, with a 3" tailpipe, gone for a very quiet sound too, not much difference to standard, but looks so much better

Tomorrow its off to my local superchips dealer Smiley

Then will hunt out a panel filter
IP Logged

Fix Or Repair Daily, surely a myth Smiley
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

Re: Tuning the 2.0 16V (Auto)
« Reply #1 on: May 8th, 2008, 12:05am »

Convert to manual, that'll gain (well, save) a few horses...

Darren
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 8th, 2008, 12:20am »

+10bhp will only bring it up to the bhp of the 2.3 engine, which, believe me, doesn't exactly throw you back into the seat & make your face ripple  Wink
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 8th, 2008, 12:38am »

2.3 does have more torque than the 2.0 though, adding 10bhp won't make it equal to the 2.3 even if the bhp is the same. Not sure if the 2.0 auto got the 4.27 diff or if it was just the 8v, if you can drop the final drive ratio it'd help the acceleration a little.

If you're talking about increasing power then make double sure the autobox is in good health, not sure if both DOHC boxes are the same but even if they are it's known that the 2.3 version won't take the torque of the 24v for very long without getting upset.

And the gulf between 2.3 and 24v is there but it's not massive, you're not going to keep up with anything more than a modern 325i in any stock Scorp. But you'd have more scope to 'improve' the 24v with lower diff etc.

Apart from the time with the Focus I got trounced by a 320i convertible the day before, going downhill too Embarassed. Not exactly a race but we both pulled onto to the dual carriageway, just trying to keep pace I had my foot right down and he vanished with ease Undecided

That said, it was a really nice car to open up on a quiet road late at night, even if not blisteringly quick. Mine was adequate until you wanted to keep up with fairly good modern cars, then it's just too heavy and tall geared to pull that hard. Being able to flick it out of overdrive made it nice for motorway passing, it drove really nice in sport mode..

Just remember it's not a sports car you'll be fine Grin
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.