Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 6:25pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Rear springs »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Rear springs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rear springs  (Read 370 times)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Rear springs
« on: Jul 5th, 2008, 7:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just thought I'd post this important little bit of info about putting estate rear springs in a saloon to beef up the suspension  Smiley

Don't !!....because they don't fit  Roll Eyes.....The rear springs on a saloon are tapered at the top & the estate ones aren't. Therefore they won't fit into the top bush, also the top bushes on both cars have a different fit, so they can't be changed either  Smiley

It looks as though I wrongly advised someone (can't remember who) a while back about doing this because I had done it. I've just found out today that the new (pattern) estate springs I fitted to my saloon last year weren't estate springs at all, they were infact saloon springs in the wrong boxes, which stated on the boxes....'Scorpio 94-98 2.9 24V Estate'  Roll Eyes

Because these pattern springs seem to have drooped prematurely, then I thought I'd get a decent used pair of genuine Ford estate ones. Got a pair today & as soon as I got home I compared them to my old saloon springs & it was obvious straight away that they were totally different, then compared the top bushes of my saloon & the wifes estate & again they were totally different  Roll Eyes

So I'm sorry if I advised anyone wrongly & even more sorry if anyone actually went out & bought a pair on my recommendation  Sad

I hope you all can find it within your hearts to forgive me for my genuinely honest mistake  Embarassed......... Wink
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Rear springs
« Reply #1 on: Jul 5th, 2008, 7:48pm »

Jon,  your genuine desire to help is beyond question.......if that makes you feel better. Wink Mike.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 6th, 2008, 12:33am »

Thanks Mike for the vote of confidence  Cheesy.....it's the other 4061 members that haven't replied yet that are making me nervous  Huh

Might have to get a new identity & move to some far off land  Grin
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 6th, 2008, 8:18am »

We can ALL make mistakes (except me of course ), I think after all most of us are HUMAN ! Wink
remember the  Alexander Pope  saying !  To err is human; to forgive, divine.

I forgive you JC ! Grin ROFL
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
joe-satch

joe satriani is the best guitarist in the world.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 6th, 2008, 11:19am »

as your a local man jc...all sins forgiven. Smiley.we all make the odd mistake mate..its part of life..mine was 29 years ago when i said  ' i do'..... Grin..regards mate..den. Smiley.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.