Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 3:22pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Dash Dimmer electric windows ?? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Dash Dimmer electric windows ??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dash Dimmer electric windows ??  (Read 495 times)
adzst24

OH NO! Im sure this bit goes back somewhere ?

View Profile

Dash Dimmer electric windows ??
« on: Aug 20th, 2008, 9:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all  
Have any of the versions of the scorpio ever had a dash light dimmer fitted my old granada scorpio had it but my ultima does not seem to have it  Huh

Also on the old car you could close the windows without the ignition key switched on  you just opend the drivers door ? again  cant find it on my ultima ?

cheers all for any help  Wink
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: Dash Dimmer electric windows ??
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2008, 3:14am »

No dash dimmer has ever been fitted to the Scorpio as far as I know  Smiley

I've got this particular feature on my MK1 Granny (& have had it on previous Cortinas & Capris) & to be honest, it's a bit of a gimmick, as I've never been dazzled by the dash  Smiley

Maybe Ford realised after 20 years+ of fitting a dash dimmer switch, that it really wasn't needed  Roll Eyes

As for closing the windows without the key turned in the ignition, this can still be done with the Scorpio's 'Global closing' feature  Smiley

Just put the key in the drivers door lock, turn it clockwise & hold it in that position. After a second or two, all the open windows & sunroof will shut & the car will lock. If you want to deadlock the car, then turn the key to anti-clockwise first  Smiley

P.S.....My MK1 Granny has the feature of being able to close the windows without having the ignition switched on.........You just open the door & use the window winders  Grin
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22nd, 2008, 6:36pm »

Hey JC,

I was at the Corsair Owners Club rally at the weekend and there was a chap there with a very tidy MK1 Ghia in the dark metallic brown colour on an R reg. He wouldn't sell it to me though!! I did ask lots of times!
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24th, 2008, 12:33am »

How much did you offer him Baz ?......every MK1 owner has their price  Wink   Grin
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24th, 2008, 12:37pm »

Jon. Being part Scot, I pride myself on being frugal and keep the dimmer turned down a bit in the vain hope of:

- Making the bulbs last longer Embarassed

And  

- Shrinking my carbon size 11's to save the environment for China to pollute Roll Eyes

Got a dimmer on the Capri but the dash lights barely ever worked anyway, even got one on the Mondy...why did the bean counters win on the Scorp??  Undecided

EDIT: Also got 'one shot lowering' for the driver's window on the Capri, one nudge of the winder handle and the glass falls straight through into the bottom of the door, all you need is a screwdriver and pair of pliers to get it closed again Wink
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.