Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 24th, 2024, 3:29am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Climate control heating now poor »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Climate control heating now poor
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Climate control heating now poor  (Read 397 times)
Malcolm73

View Profile

Climate control heating now poor
« on: Nov 20th, 2008, 11:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A year ago my car heating deteriorated and I introduced a litre of radiator flush. After a few miles the temperature gauge went off the scale and I had to stop the car. The coolant was foaming and overflowing and I limped back home, drained the system and connected a garden hose to the short Z shaped rubber pipe between the 24V and the bulkhead.  Over the past twelve months the heating has been O.K.

I am now back to square one. I am tempted to try the same procedure but does anyone know of a radiator flush which does not cause the radiator to boil and make the car un-drivable, or is this normal? On the last occasion the radiator flush was only in for four miles and it was very difficult and time consuming to clear the system of air locks and detergent bubbles.

Should I now contemplate removing the dashboard. Any comments appreciated.

Malcolm
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: Climate control heating now poor
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20th, 2008, 11:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Rad Flushes do tend to cause the sort of problrm you describe. I weould suggest that if you wish to go down that route is to get the car warm after a run and when it has cooled enough to get the top reservouir cap off SAFELY then add the flushing agent and run the car with the cap off on the driveway/road with actually moving . that way you will be able to monitor what is hapenning.  

THEN back flush and see if that corrects the problem, but it does sound as though the time is fast approaching to replace the heater matrix.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.