Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 11:17pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Global opening/closing system causing many other e »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Global opening/closing system causing many other e
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Global opening/closing system causing many other e  (Read 491 times)
hopper

GRIMREAPER

View Profile

Global opening/closing system causing many other e
« on: Jan 9th, 2009, 8:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi to all members,

Ihave had numerous electrical gremlins that all appear to be unrelated but was slolved when I reconnected 2 wires to the sunroof motor which control the Global Opening/Closing System a white/green and a yellow/white on the car side of the 5 pin connector you can find details in this site when you look at the owner modifications section illuminating the sunroof switch.

By reconnecting the 2 wires all of these faults were cured:-

1. The Blower motor started to work.

2. Heat was produced from the matrix and circulated by the motor. Previously no hot air even though pipes hot.

3. The electric mirror switch on drivers door operates the wing mirrors with the car running, previously I could only adjust the mirrors with no key in the ignition.

4. The drivers front/rear and passengers front/rear windows can now be opened and closed from the drivers switches, previously the front windows would not open at all from either switches the drivers or the passengers. The rear windows only opened from the rear switches.

5. The electric seats could only be moved with no key in the ignition, now the seats can be fully adjusted with the car running.

I don't know yet who or why someone previously decided to disconnect these 2 wires but it has caused a multitude of further faults which would all appear to be unrelated but due to the nature of the Global Opening/Closing system and the memory function of the 3 position memory switch they are loosely related. Except the blower and the heater which have started to work as soon as the 2 wires were reconnected, so there may have been a type of electrical loop which was causing the blower to fail to work.

I have further checks to do now to check all the connections for the Global Opening/Closing system to make sure that the 2 wires have not been isolated elcewhere in the car.  

I have also now used the key to operate the Global Opening/Closing System. I held the key in the open position and the sunroof does open and also close if the key is held in the closed position but the windows did not open and close so I still feel there are a couple of wires which need to be traced so that the system is fully functional.

Regards Chris
IP Logged

Scorpio 24v Cosworth Estate 1995 M reg
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.