Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 9:30am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Door open alarm »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Door open alarm
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Door open alarm  (Read 379 times)
Bikerdon

2.0 Ultima saloon, Norton 500, Suzuki 550.

View Profile

Door open alarm
« on: Feb 9th, 2009, 7:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all, hoping someone can give some advice. Jumped in car this morning, put autobox into gear and instantly got that annoying door or boot open sounder, problem is they were all closed, and no warning lights showing on the display either. checked them all, open door and the respective warning light came on, closed it, light went off, same for boot as well. It does it in all gear positions apart from park obviously. So to get round the problem I have disconnected the plug to the box under the dash with the sounder, trouble is when it is disconnected you lose your heated screens and mirrors, your interior and door lights and the intermittant wipe facility. Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. Bikerdon.
IP Logged

My other car's a bike!
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: Door open alarm
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 8:27pm »

Bikerdon.
Whenever I get another funereal Scorpio for my fleet,the first thing I do is remove that plug and cut the park buzzer wire because it really gets up my nose  Huh
If you seperate the plug,the wire is either orange and  green or orange and yellow(I've had both) look at the plug with the flat broad part at the top,the wire you want exits the back of the terminal which is on the extreme right of the top row.
         GOZZ.
IP Logged
Bikerdon

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 9:57pm »

Thanks Gozz, I think that may well be the plan of action if I cant find where the problem stems from at the weekend. And at least I know which cable to remove now, really need the heated screenwashers and mirrors in this weather. I'm guessing the problem must lie somewhere in the door or boot switch areas but stumped as they seem to be operating the dash warning panel correctly. Any other ideas will be greatfully received as well. Bikerdon.
IP Logged

My other car's a bike!
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 11:00pm »

Bikerdon.
The little door open lights on the dash are operated from a microswitch clipped into the back of the door lock,the annoying buzzer works via the door light switch.
        GOZZ.
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 11:35pm »

Check fuse 36, power saver in the auxiliary fusebox.

Dave
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Bikerdon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14th, 2009, 12:10pm »

Hi all, well Tompions suggestion about fuse 36 was spot on. So today I have gone through all the relevant circuits, door switches, contacts etc that could have caused the fuse to blow and I'm bu****ed if I can find a problem with them, fuse replaced and all is working as it should again. Thanks to all for the advice and suggestions. Gozz, if it happens again I have a pair of wire snips ready in the glove box to silence it. Bikerdon.
IP Logged

My other car's a bike!
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14th, 2009, 4:31pm »

Had you removed anything electrical lately that may have a timer function?
My fuse went after I'd had the interior light out to clean the earth on the aerial.
I suppose we should heed the warning to disconnect the battery before doing practically anything, but it's such a nuisance.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Bikerdon

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 14th, 2009, 5:13pm »

Funny you should say that Tompion. I had the front interior light out but not disconnected. however I did have the interior dipping mirror disconnected to remove the grey supply wire for the reverse gear override. So maybe that was the culprit. Bikerdon.
IP Logged

My other car's a bike!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.