Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 1:23pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« aircon controls »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   aircon controls
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: aircon controls  (Read 629 times)
freddieboy

Juan Sheet does Plenty!

View Profile Email

aircon controls
« on: Feb 11th, 2009, 12:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone.
Ever since a replacement heater matrix was fitted recently, I`ve noticed a minor problem regarding airflow from the two adjustable vents directly above the climate control adjustment panel.
When the AC is set to 22degrees, and the airflow is directed to footwells only, I am getting cold airflow from the two center adjustable vents, even though the vents are closed.  Should I perform a reset to the climate control settings, or has anyone any suggestions?
Looking forward to the next Kent meet.  cheers  Fred
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: aircon controls
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11th, 2009, 1:03pm »

The centre vents always seem to blow out air even when the're shut, think it's due to the foam seals on the vents having worn /rotted away. The reason it's usually colder is probably because it is the closest vents to where the air comes in  Smiley

Either turn up the temp or shove something in front of the vents  Wink....I've got my taxi meter monted in front of mine  Grin
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11th, 2009, 8:15pm »

Fred.
In addition to what JC said about disintegrated foam,the little plastic control 'rod' which connects the wheel to the flap drops off,thus they stay open,this has happened to me more than once !
      GOZZ.
IP Logged
freddieboy

Juan Sheet does Plenty!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12th, 2009, 2:17am »

Hi Gozz,  When I got the car back from the garage after the matrix job, I found a black plastic rod about 3 inches long with "ball ends", lying in the footwell.  Could this be the missing link rod?  
Regarding the foam disintregation mentioned by Jonnycab, I dont seem to remember the problem of cold air before the matrix replacement, although the fact that the whole unit was stripped down could,I suppose, have damaged the foam?
Anyway I kept the rod, and now I need to know if there is a reasonably simple way to refit it.   Ho Hum Sad  cheers fred
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12th, 2009, 7:46am »

Fred, That piece of plastic sounds exactly like the piece Gozz is talking about!. IF you get a torch and look into the vent whilst turning the 'wheel' you will see if the internal flap is working or not. The only way to replace it is to remove the fascia. I've just posted the details in the next item to RON. Not a job for the car park at Badgers.....but then Tompion or Jonnycab might have other ideas!!.  Cheesy Grin
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12th, 2009, 8:23am »

Simmo.
That's it exactly  Wink
   GOZZ.
IP Logged
freddieboy

Juan Sheet does Plenty!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 13th, 2009, 11:04am »

on Feb 12th, 2009, 7:46am, Simmo wrote:
Fred, That piece of plastic sounds exactly like the piece Gozz is talking about!. IF you get a torch and look into the vent whilst turning the 'wheel' you will see if the internal flap is working or not. The only way to replace it is to remove the fascia. I've just posted the details in the next item to RON. Not a job for the car park at Badgers.....but then Tompion or Jonnycab might have other ideas!!.  Cheesy Grin

Yes it does seem that the control rod needs to be refitted, a job I will tackle later when the weather improves. One question though, Is there one control rod for each thumbwheel? as both of the vents emit cold air when closed.  If there is one rod for each wheel, then I hope the other one is still somewhere within the dash.  Its not a major problem, and it can go on my to do list.   thanks everyone again.  fred.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13th, 2009, 1:27pm »

Fred, IIRC there is an 'arm' for each flap and they are 'handed' I think.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
freddieboy

Juan Sheet does Plenty!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 15th, 2009, 5:03pm »

Well I bit the bullet and refitted the control link today.  The only downside was that after I had removed the the dash I found that the links are accessible through the aperture after the aircon control panel is prised out.  Never mind,its all sorted now.  Thanks again for the various inputs.  cheers.  fred. Smiley
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Feb 15th, 2009, 6:32pm »

Well done Fred. I look forward to you explaining that procedure in detail at the next meet!.  Grin
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.