Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 7:29am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Right hand side heaters cold »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Right hand side heaters cold
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Right hand side heaters cold  (Read 1570 times)
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Right hand side heaters cold
« on: Mar 5th, 2009, 4:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello to all, seen a Scorpio going cheap on ebay and thought i'd give it a go but one or two probs have been found which wern't mentioned in description. My heaters, on drivers side only, is blowing cold. I've found a post about resetting the c/c but can anyone give me an idea how to do this as i have so far been anable to obtain a manual, regards Andy.
IP Logged
SnowyScorpio

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997

View Profile WWW

Re: Right hand side heaters cold
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2009, 4:34pm »

This page may help you...

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/ccreset.htm

Also check out  

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/aircon.htm

//Snowy
IP Logged

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 7th, 2009, 11:28am »

Thanks for that, very interesting but as i done c/c reset wrong first time, it no longer responds as it supposed to do when i press the two buttons to try it again, i was too eager to try it. ???
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 7th, 2009, 2:52pm »

hi  there

have you tried to do the reset again properly?

turn the dials as shown, then hold the 2 buttons in for a good 10 seconds.

you should then be able to complete the reset.

if not, leave the dials on the reset position and then disconnect the battery. **YOU WILL NEED THE RADIO CODE WHEN YOU CONNECT THE BATTERY AGAIN.**

once all back together again, do a reset.
IP Logged
alan_clive_butler

I'm a YaBB newbie!

AB
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 9th, 2009, 4:04pm »

hai hav the same prob with heaters. she is in beeing done i will let you no the outcome. all the  best Alan
IP Logged

MAXIMUS
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Mar 9th, 2009, 5:24pm »

on Mar 9th, 2009, 4:04pm, alan_clive_butler wrote:
hai hav the same prob with heaters. she is in beeing done i will let you no the outcome. all the  best Alan

Oh that would be a super help, also the drivers half of windscreen doesn't work either, and i'm a little concerned with the gear change at around 30mph, i get a sharp rise in revs, easily heard too, then a surge after it changes. I also found a blown fuse, 5 amp, and replaced it but havn't a clue what it was for.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Mar 9th, 2009, 6:16pm »

The details for fuses and relays are in the Handbook Here. Go to pages 130- 135. Click on each one to enlarge. Fuse number 38, in the auxiliary (battery side) fuse box covers the right hand side of the heated windscreen and Fuse 41 the left hand side. These are 30amps, or should be. What number was the one you replaced??.  Smiley
Also go to Fault finder and scroll down to Transmission and see if that helps identify a cause.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Mar 10th, 2009, 1:47pm »

on Mar 9th, 2009, 5:24pm, and11 wrote:

Oh that would be a super help, also the drivers half of windscreen doesn't work either, and i'm a little concerned with the gear change at around 30mph, i get a sharp rise in revs, easily heard too, then a surge after it changes. I also found a blown fuse, 5 amp, and replaced it but havn't a clue what it was for.

In the link Simmo posted about transmission faults you'll see cleaning the MAF.
I'd do that first if you haven't already - very important on these cars (assuming your's isn't the 12v):
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cleanmaf.htm
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Mar 11th, 2009, 10:35pm »

Done the maf and much appreciated info, have read about this before on other cars and always thought it was a bigger job, i used brake cleaner and the wires did shine up well, although the lower wire still appeared a little brownish in middle after a couple of sprays. I haven't really had a chance to test due to traffic but will tomorrow. Sussed the temp reset out but still cold on my side. regards Andy. Ps. its a Scorpio Ultima 2.3 1996 'p' 72000 miles.
IP Logged
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Mar 13th, 2009, 8:47pm »

Just an update here, the good run after maff clean was short lived, gear change was seamless to start but then i got a sudden big rise in rev's at around 30mph, much worse than before but that happened once,  things pretty much as before except tickover has become worse so i suspect a new maf? Other worry for me tho is mileage,could be tampered with. Is there a mileage where maf's would normally be expected to be replaced? My past models of cars have been just run in at 70000 miles (Diesels) but i'm not so sure about ford's? regards Andy
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Mar 13th, 2009, 10:51pm »

The best bet would be to try another MAF. If you put up your location there may be another member nearby who'd let you try one from their car just to see if yours is faulty. You could also just disconnect it which puts the car into 'limp home mode' and see if that makes a difference. The details of this are in the handbook Here Wink Click on the bottom right hand corner of the page to enlarge.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Mar 14th, 2009, 1:05am »

You said one wire was brownish, I should try cleaning it again it should be spotless.
I always take the module out of the aluminium housing to clean it.
I picked a second hand one up on ebay for under a tenner posted - it worked fine, try a search with the part no as they're used on other cars.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Mar 16th, 2009, 11:46am »

on Mar 13th, 2009, 10:51pm, Simmo wrote:
The best bet would be to try another MAF. If you put up your location there may be another member nearby who'd let you try one from their car just to see if yours is faulty. You could also just disconnect it which puts the car into 'limp home mode' and see if that makes a difference. The details of this are in the handbook Here Wink Click on the bottom right hand corner of the page to enlarge.

I', located in East Leeds Area, LS15, will try clean again today though as its only cheap brake cleaner i'm using.
IP Logged
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Mar 16th, 2009, 11:47am »

on Mar 9th, 2009, 4:04pm, alan_clive_butler wrote:

Hi, did you get your heaters sorted? i reset mine as advised but still cold on driver side only.
IP Logged
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Apr 6th, 2009, 7:15pm »

Update- after an oil change and leaking atf fluid pipe fixed, the the heaters seem to have started working fine Shocked
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Apr 6th, 2009, 9:16pm »

and11.
The surge into 3rd gear is caused by faulty actuation of that clutch,possibly hard servo seal.Before the box warms up the pressure is greater due to the oil being thick,thus the slip is hardly noticeable.
          GOZZ.
IP Logged
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Apr 6th, 2009, 9:39pm »

on Apr 6th, 2009, 9:16pm, gozz wrote:
and11.
The surge into 3rd gear is caused by faulty actuation of that clutch,possibly hard servo seal.Before the box warms up the pressure is greater due to the oil being thick,thus the slip is hardly noticeable.
                                        GOZZ.

also takes 3 seconds for anything to happen when i engage drive, but 1 2 and reverse works ok, sometimes a bit of a thump in on 2 tho. Would i be looking at teking car in for big job to fix this?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.