Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 2nd, 2024, 10:23am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« AAAA I've scratched my leather seat »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   AAAA I've scratched my leather seat
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: AAAA I've scratched my leather seat  (Read 2099 times)
wojtekor

Email

AAAA I've scratched my leather seat
« on: Apr 11th, 2009, 3:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Help guys!  

I 'm fighting with the PAS leak in my car and accidentally I sat on my beautiful leather seat with a screw driver in my rear pocket and scratched the surface!!! It's not a total disaster but it's bad and need to wipe it with a colour restorer as the auto glym and urad cream failed miserably...  

And here is my question, i found something like this on ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA X:IT&item=360144703030

but i need to provide my leather colour so they can match the balm.  
But got no idea what my leather colour is Wink as stupid as that sounds it's true. It's not black it's not grey it's not dark blue. it's something in between. what in the world is it? Smiley

IP Logged
joe-satch

joe satriani is the best guitarist in the world.

View Profile

Re: AAAA I've scratched my leather seat
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11th, 2009, 4:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi,i have used in the past and continue to use...liquid shoe polish....i apply it to the scuff,or on the part where the colour has worn away..dab it on,let it dry..dab it on again....to build up the shine..buff it up...mind you it black,and easy to match...post a pic on the site..that way others can see the colour of your leather. Smiley
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11th, 2009, 4:41pm »

Your leathers either Raven Black or Pumice Wink
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

wojtekor

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11th, 2009, 4:43pm »

aaaa so it's Raven Black Wink it looks kinda black-grey but let's say it's Raven Black Wink cheers Highlander.
IP Logged
wojtekor

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11th, 2009, 5:09pm »

joe-satch thanks for the advice but i somehow don't trust the shoe polish Wink especially when most of my cloths are white Tongue

anyway I've ordered two jars of this colour restorer as i'm pretty sure i'll have to do the whole interior so that i don't end up with two seats in different shades of black Smiley

i'll let you know how it worked out for me...
IP Logged
rich1

london cabbies have the knowledge!!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11th, 2009, 9:12pm »

on Apr 11th, 2009, 4:06pm, joe-satch wrote:
hi,i have used in the past and continue to use...liquid shoe polish....i apply it to the scuff,or on the part where the colour has worn away..dab it on,let it dry..dab it on again....to build up the shine..buff it up...mind you it black,and easy to match...post a pic on the site..that way others can see the colour of your leather. Smiley

dosen`t it smuge on to your clothes if you`ve been sitting in your car for a few hours , especially on a hot day??
IP Logged
joe-satch

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12th, 2009, 7:30am »

your welcome wojtekor,im please that you have found a way of repairing the leather... Smiley and wearing white ok i understand....rich1..no mate..you will be suprised..once the liquid shoe polish is dry...and buffed up...it dont stain any clothes. Smiley..even on hot days... Smiley...my car is a mk3 scorpio preface lift....and last year i took out the leather interior that came with the car..and i put in leather from an ultima...so much better.it had a couple of scuff marks..but nothing serious...and the liquid shoe polish did the trick. Smiley.
IP Logged
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12th, 2009, 1:07pm »

I too use liquid polish on my seats Joe. Sounds daft but i found Clarkes polish to be the best in terms of colour match  Wink. I can honestly say i have never had any problems with it staining my clothes either. Just make shure it's throughly dry before you sit in it. Buffs up quite nicley as well  Grin
IP Logged

Lord...Sometimes im not that bright
joe-satch

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12th, 2009, 6:03pm »

excellent tons....sometimes the answer to a promlem is near to hand...as in you case and mine...i will remember that name 'clarkes'..thanks mate....but wishing wojtekor well in his quest. Smiley.
IP Logged
wojtekor

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 12th, 2009, 7:44pm »

joe-satch cheers mate.  

ps. joe satriani indeed is the best guitarist in the world. Wink

Tons_of_fun, joe-satch i've already bought that colour restorer on ebay but will keep your advice in mind for the future Wink
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 1:26am »

"ps. joe satriani indeed is the best guitarist in the world."

Not true  Wink...... Satriani certainly knows his way around a fingerboard & is obviously a virtuoso. But it all depends on what kind of guitar playing you like to listen to  Smiley

Eric Clapton is thought of as one of the finest guitarist ever, but he is nowhere near as technical as Satriani, but then again Satriani can't play like Eric Clapton...if you know what I mean  Wink

The guitar, like any instrument, is an extension of your personality & soul. When you play it properly, you can play it with emotion & conviction. It's not just something you pick up & strum a few chords on at Christmas, it's an instrument with which you can bring out some real inner emotions within people  Smiley

A very powerful weapon indeed & something the MOD should seriously look into  Grin

Personally, my fav guitarist is Gary Moore....nowhere near as technical as Satriani, but alot more guts & feel that really do come from the heart  Smiley

Just because a guitarist knows every note & can play every scale on the fingerboard at lightening speed, doesn't make them the best guitarist in the world, it just gives them the 'WOW' factor  Wink

Many people say that this guitar player is the best or that guitar player is the best when they really don't have a clue who is the best, because they don't play the guitar themselves.....They just like the music & form an opinion  Smiley

If you can't actually play a guitar to a certain standard, then how can you honestly appreciate or give an opinion on how good another guitar player is  Undecided

This opinion isn't directed at anyone personally, it's just that I've got real a bee in my bonnet about people who have 'Guitar Hero' on Wii & think that they really can play the guitar  Huh
IP Logged
joe-satch

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 7:36am »

wojtekor,im very pleased to hear it,i hope you get the leather back as good if not better than it was...also that good what you said about joe satriani.you and i share a liking for a true great guitarist.i also think jonnycab is right...to a digree....its all down to personal taste...eric was a great guitarist...but page was better...(to me)...what we have to remember is these people are now older than they were...and people like joe satriani have come along and changed the sound of the guitar...like hendrix did...there are many excellent guitarists out there..but to me joe satriani takes some beating..our daughter and i have seen him 5 times over the past few years..and each time he seems better..and he making a living out of something that he enjoys doing..touring the world and giving so many people pleasure...our daughter and i think he is the best....i cant play a note jon....but when i hear someone that can play an instrument no matter what it is..and it sounds good....thats all i need to know...it triggers something in the brain..and you say...'i like that'...and we dont have a wii box mate..ha..ha...i have been around for the past 53 years...and for 40 of them 53..i have been into rock music...i have been to see many excellant bands.......eg..led zeppelin..deep purple....jeff beck...wishbone ash...jethro tull..joe satriani..the list goes on... Wink..one thing i can say is this...whatever your taste...enjoy it mate Wink.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 10:39am »

on Apr 13th, 2009, 1:26am, Jonnycab wrote:
I've got real a bee in my bonnet about people who have 'Guitar Hero' on Wii & think that they really can play the guitar  Huh

Thats me!! I AM the best guitar player in the world!!! Grin
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

wojtekor

Email

« Reply #13 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 12:38pm »

Quote:
Eric Clapton is thought of as one of the finest guitarist ever, but he is nowhere near as technical as Satriani, but then again Satriani can't play like Eric Clapton...if you know what I mean

true

Quote:
whatever your taste...enjoy it mate

true

Quote:

stop spending time here and go and get my Suzuki ready instead! Wink
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 1:06pm »

on Apr 13th, 2009, 10:39am, Highlander wrote:

Sorry Stuart, I take it all back, you obviously are a true axe wielding rock god, unsurpassed by no mortal......if you give the local psychiatric ward a call, then they will confirm this  Grin
IP Logged
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 5:23pm »

Oooohhh...Can of worms time now. Joe satch is indeed a fine player & a lovely bloke as well  Cool. Gary moore can make a Les Paul cry like no other, but what about the "hair rock" 80's virtuos such as Steve Vai ( satch student) & the legendary Malmsteen  Roll Eyes. For me the greatest axe man of my time is...( I know im going to get stick for this)... Vito Brava (White lion)... awaiting the ribbing  Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

Lord...Sometimes im not that bright
rich1

london cabbies have the knowledge!!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 6:11pm »

only on here can we go from talking about leather seats to the best guitar players in the world Cheesy
slash from guns and roses aint bad Grin
IP Logged
tonyboy

black2.924Vcoss ( No More )

Tony+Redden   Tony+Redden
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Apr 13th, 2009, 8:38pm »

Hello just to say i use liquid shoe polish aswell and once you buff it up it doesn't smear on any clothes Grin
IP Logged

I think i'm going, erm what do you call it..... Senial.... Huh
joe-satch

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Apr 14th, 2009, 8:29am »

thanks tonyboy..excellent result for you. Smiley...slash was born in england....hes top guitarist is jimmy page.... Smiley.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Apr 16th, 2009, 4:45am »

Slash was born in Stoke-On-Trent  Cool

What do you think of these bits of guitar playing ?...not the greatest in the world, but I'm proud of them  Smiley

FunkyBluesRock

Classical Peace

And a couple of my of band tracks from the very early nineties  Smiley......

Alienation

Black Planet
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.