Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 5:36am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Call me Ignorant! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Call me Ignorant!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Call me Ignorant!  (Read 510 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Call me Ignorant!
« on: Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a 2.3 Ultima Automatic.   I have original bill of sale for August 1st 1998, at £19,800.   It's a fantastic car with plenty of power for what an old-git like me needs.   It was a one-owner-from-new car that I picked up at the beginning of this year, with 80k genuine on the clock, and all of the Ford serviced history and MOT's up to 79k.   It's a lovely car!   I've had a hell of a lot of cars in my time as I'm sure many of you's have had, I still have an August 1967 Mk4 Zodiac Executive, (just when they changed to registering in August) Aye it was an 'F' reg, TMX569F!   However, I have a couple of questions.    Why is it that I hear of 'Face-Lift' models, (I know the difference) and see them as 'R' reg when mine is an 'S' reg?   Why has my car, that is fully-loaded, Aye everything like the dipping-mirror, traction, aye, just everything, got not a single badge apart from the FORD badge front and rear?    It's a real clean car, underneath, and has a load of old waxoyl and grease.   The previous owner had a Zero rated licence which stung me on the sale, cause it had almost a years Tax on it that I had to replace.   The only problem I think the car has is the Auto-Box 'might' be starting to give problems.   I'm not overly worried because I'm an old Vehicle Engineer, that used to restore old cars, and still 'dabbles' in a few old cars, in fact if anything this car is too modern for me!   I think this Scorpio is probably one of the best cars I've driven for pleasure in many years, oh yes, I can still drive a car hard despite my age, I still drive hard and keep on the road my younger brothers Alvis TA 21 Drophead!   This is a very good and informative site.   Thanks.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
tonyboy

black2.924Vcoss ( No More )

Tony+Redden   Tony+Redden
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Call me Ignorant!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:40pm »

on Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:19pm, PJDavis wrote:
 Why is it that I hear of 'Face-Lift' models, (I know the difference) and see them as 'R' reg when mine is an 'S' reg?   Why has my car, that is fully-loaded, Aye everything like the dipping-mirror, traction, aye, just everything, got not a single badge apart from the FORD badge front and rear?   Thanks.

If your asking why isn't your car a face lift even though it's an S reg. Could be that it stood on the fourcourt for 18 months or so before it was sold, and therfore it could have been made in 1996. Therfore a prefacelift model. Check your VIN plate for the year it was made. http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/vin.htm
IP Logged

I think i'm going, erm what do you call it..... Senial.... Huh
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 3rd, 2009, 7:50am »

With regards the box giving you trouble.. first thing to do is clean the MAF MOST important .
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 4th, 2009, 5:21pm »

Thanks Gentlemen, I shall do both when time allows.   Incidentally, I had a great day with my Scorpio because I took it to a friend that owns a garage that does a 'tight-mean' MOT, after an hour and a half he pronounced that he would pass it without a problem!   Course the MOT isn't due until next January, but even though I had checked the car as best as I could, I decided to pass it to my friend as piece of mind.   The only mention it got was for the front anti-roll-bar links, they could do with replacing, and that is the slight knocking noise I hear at slow speed bumpy roads.   He mentioned he thought I had a nice car, which coming from him, (A 63 year-old real mechanic) was a compliment.   I'm thinking of a stainless steel exhaust next, but I think I'll have problems getting one?   Ideas or places to get one would be much appreciated, I can fit it myself.   I'm really starting to like this car! Grin
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 4th, 2009, 6:17pm »

There is a recent post Here which you may find helpful. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.