Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 6th, 2024, 1:19pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Door to ground lights »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Door to ground lights
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Door to ground lights  (Read 551 times)
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Door to ground lights
« on: Nov 4th, 2009, 9:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everybody.  Smiley

Heeeelp!  Whilst my interior "puddle lights" work fine my door to ground lights have stopped illuminating  Undecided.  This Scorp is a 1996 Cossie Estate and otherwise in excellent nick  Roll Eyes so can somebody please tell me how to rectify this problem easily  Cool

In hope

Mike  Smiley
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Door to ground lights
« Reply #1 on: Nov 4th, 2009, 10:42am »

Mike. The 'puddle lights' are those in the door surely ?? Huh. The connection to all the 'in door' electrics is through the large connector in the forward edge of the door with a large rubber sleeve containing the wiring. Check that and perhaps give it a spray of WD 40 or switch cleaner. The other obvious thing is to check the bulb by gently prising out the holder in the bottom of the door. Is the red lamp illuminating on the door edge??. If it is then bulb failure in the 'puddle' lamp is the likely cause. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 4th, 2009, 5:35pm »

Mike, I found that the switch plunger on the body got stuck and pushing it in and out quickly a few times created the connection,probably a little dirt got in between the contacts. Lee
IP Logged
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 5th, 2009, 9:05am »

Thanks for your replies Simmo and LLeewar.   Smiley

Thanks for putting me right as to "Puddle lights" Simmo, somehow I had a picture of lights illuminating puddles  ROFL ROFL.  Methinks that as I get older I am developing "selective thought processes" along with lots of other "selectivities"!  

Back to business though.  I will have a good poke, clean and prod about and see what developes from that and I will report back.

The Sun is shining so hopefully I will be able to get on with checking Scorp's conections etc.... me own conections are a bit selective......... maybe a squirt of Electric cleaner in my ears will help  Roll Eyes  Or will I suffer from slushy hearing if I do that  ROFL

Keeep Scorpying  

Mike  Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.