Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 9:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Ultima upgrade... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Ultima upgrade...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ultima upgrade...  (Read 833 times)
10mpg

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Ultima upgrade...
« on: Dec 9th, 2009, 9:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok i just collected another Scorpio tonight, except this is an Auto Ultima, now i know what I've been missing all these years with my lowly Ghia X manual...

Anyway this is a saloon and lovely as it as I have dogs and nippers so I think it's going to have to donate it's good bits onto my estate..

Looking at the seats I think they'll physically fit despite the big lip at the back but can i wire up the heated switches and memory functions?

I'd like to fit the front bumper complete with spots how is the wiring for these??

Also this has the 6 disc CD changer again is this an easy retro-fit?

Also i drove the auto ultima flat out home well over the ton in places and lots of flat out stuff down twisty lanes right up to the red line etc (just checking it over you see...) and it managed 19.9mpg which is incredible seeing as my manual estate only manages 22-4mpg driven normally.. any thoughts?

The handling also seemed much better and the only difference is the fact it's a saloon and it has 16" multi spokes and decent tyres instead of the 15's and chepo specials on my estate... any ideas?

I'd much rather keep the Ultima as it is but with the whole dog issue I do need the estate and i really cant be bothered to try to swap the manual for an auto either unless it is a proper plug and play conversion..

Cheers for any help in advance chaps..

IP Logged
10mpg

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: Ultima upgrade...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2009, 9:25pm »

No-one knows anything?

oh well I'll get stuck in this weekend it's all pretty simple looking so i cant imagine they'll be any insurmountable stumbling blocks...
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11th, 2009, 9:20am »

Bumpers should be a straight swap over, I've heard but never found personally that the mountings can be different.

saloon and estate rear seat bases are not interchangeable, different size.

CD changer can be plugged in but the loom runs down the left side sill of the car and can be fiddley.

Heated seats may be ok but there are different types of multiplugs sometimes

Memory function i have no idea.

Manual to auto is a fairly major undertaking but can be done

IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2009, 9:25am »

on Dec 9th, 2009, 9:25pm, 10mpg wrote:
Looking at the seats I think they'll physically fit despite the big lip at the back but can i wire up the heated switches and memory functions?

The front seats will fit, the rear seats will not. If your estate doesn't have the seat wiring loom, you will need to transplant it from the saloon.

I'd like to fit the front bumper complete with spots how is the wiring for these??

Bumpers should be a straight swap. You may have some or all of the wiring loom to the spots (as they were an option on the Ghia-X) but more than likely you will need to remove the wiring loom as well as the relay and the switch (which has an extra position on for the spots)  

Also this has the 6 disc CD changer again is this an easy retro-fit?

You will need the estate bracket (still available from Fords I think or someone on here may be able to supply) It fits behind the panel on the left rear of the estate. The wiring loom would need to be removed from the saloon and is usually routed left from the radio, along below the doors and up and over the rear wheel to the changer. It should come out in one or it may be taped onto the main front to back loom

The handling also seemed much better and the only difference is the fact it's a saloon and it has 16" multi spokes and decent tyres instead of the 15's and chepo specials on my estate... any ideas?

Does the saloon have traction control?

Why not sell both and buy an Ultima estate??

Baz
IP Logged
10mpg

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2009, 11:25am »

Cheers guys, as to why i don't sell both well i 'know' my scop and it's been good to me, plus after the novelty of the auto has worn of I think I'd miss my manual box...

Plus i doubt there worth enough, i paid b****r all for the Ultima and my estate is quite scruffy now, so i doubt it's worth much..

As to the seats I was hunting on the web last night before i saw your relies and found this on out very own site  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/seatupgrade.htm
doe this mean what i think it means? i.e. that i can get the saloon seats to fit with some longer bolts?

I'm not sure about what wiring looms this one has hnec my questions but I'm going to give it a go anyway, I'll let you know how i get on!

cheers dudes..
IP Logged
10mpg

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 4th, 2010, 12:44am »

Ok....

fallen back in love with my scorp now, so glad i kept my estate as i grew bored of the auto after about 2 days...

the bumper slotted straight on as did various other bits and the front seats, however the backs are proving a bit of a problem...

the seats all bolt up fine but neither of the side bolsters will fit as the saloon ones are two large and the estate ones to narrow...

I'm debating making some out of the two but i reckon it's probably easier just to buy a proper estate back seat...

I know you guys told me but i'd already bought the saloon by then and the guide on this site said it could be done..... cant figure that one out? anyone else read this guide in the link above...?

What to do...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.