Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 11:22am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Head gasket »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Head gasket
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Head gasket  (Read 504 times)
Benelli

View Profile

Head gasket
« on: Feb 13th, 2010, 5:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First of all, I gotta say Thank you for this site! Absolutely awesome!  Grin

okay so I bought this scorpio 3 days ago. A Dark purple, 2.0 16v with black interior, cc and a nice smell for 600 euros.

So I'm not the best speller plus I'm a bit drunk... So bare with me  Roll Eyes

First of all it had no heat, abs lights on, a wee water on right side floor. So... i went by a place where a friend said there were cheep and fast mechanics, from Siberia, to see if they could find the heat problem (-20 Celsius in Stockholm at this time=IMPORTANT) So they talked for a while and said it was all three motors for the heater
flaps, that didn't open. And they wanted 100 euros for the work.  So I said, fine. I¨ll be here tomorrow afternoon. Went to work and thought about it. it would be weird if all motors died at the same time but heater blower motor and everything else worked fine. So I started too Google. And guess what... I found a site called fordscorpio.co.uk and I fell in love, right in time for valentines day.   Tongue

So I read a lot and thought the most probable fault would be the heater matrix.  

(one moment.. Out of beer. )  

Ok so where were we.  

Oh yeaa.  

so I took a garden hose and compressed air and cleaned it as much as I could. And there were a lot of brown, small, plastic crap that came out, as a few others described. so I got a little more heat now anyways. And I'm glad I found this site before I gave my precious car to whose guys who wanted to get my money.  

So I guess I have to change the matrix to get full heat? Or am I just spoilt with Volvo's who has like a 100 degrees?  

So today I tried to clean the ABS sensors to scare the light away. NO LUCK! There stuck! So I was going to make an oil chance for my love. And I found out that I got the wrong filter... Embarassed Plus I discoverd a leak... hence this thread. So I thought I'd by a head gasket and change it tomorrow... But!!! i cant find any dealer who has it?! (okay, not checked with Ford yet.) Why is that? It can't be that the rs 2000 super mega engine runs without it?  ROFL Ohh. and when it's still on my tongue. Do I get 150 bhp just by changing the engine computer thing from a rs 2000?  

So tomorrow it¨s off to work and filling the wholes that gives my passengers a foot bath, and the windscreen-cleaning-fluid-container-thing.  Wink

Once again... Love this site. As soon as i transfer money to my paypal account, you will get your share  Wink

Have a great weekend...  
and do the cha cha like a sissy girl.  
Sorry about that. In other news the Prime Minister of Sweden visited Washington today and my tiny little nipples went to France.

Off to see "Dude wheres my car".  

peace
IP Logged

Christian
-----------

Scorpio Ghia -95 salon
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

Re: Head gasket
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13th, 2010, 10:28am »

Welcome to the site - good choice of car  Cool

Blocked heater matrix is a common problem and although some owners have managed to flush them through the best solution has to be a new matrix. Not a fun job by all accounts - Ford seemed to have started the Scorpio design with the heater matrix and then built the rest of the car around it.

ABS sensors- DO NOT try to remove the front ones as they break 99.9% of the time and are expensive to replace - if still available.

Head gasket set should be readily available from motor factors or you could try www.enginestuff.co.uk - not sure if they ship overseas though.

If you like 'Dude where's my car ?' then I can recommed another movie 'Euro Trip' which is also a bit mad  Grin
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
Benelli

View Profile

Re: Head gasket
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13th, 2010, 12:50pm »

Okay, so new heater matrix it is.. when I feel like disassembling the whole car.  Grin

okay.. So how do I clean the ABS sensors? Huh or could it be the abs controller box with loose connections that I read about?  

I'll try ford and see if they got any head gaskets. Smiley  

lol.. yes! Euro trip is soo funny. "I will get you some nice crayons" "Have a veerry special day, for a veerry special boy" Tongue
IP Logged

Christian
-----------

Scorpio Ghia -95 salon
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.