Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 9:24am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ABS advisory light »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   ABS advisory light
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ABS advisory light  (Read 312 times)
Alastair

2.3 Ghia X & MGB Roadster

View Profile

ABS advisory light
« on: Mar 18th, 2010, 10:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After behaving itself remarkably well for the last year (boring but nice) my 2.3 has developed what I hope are just electrical earthing problems.
The adviory lights on the lower left of the instrument panel are acting up as follows: -

The temp guageworks until you hit a bump then zeros
    The seatbelt light flashes with each bump
   The ABS warning light remains on
This is the one that worries me. The brakes don't appear to be affected and there are no vibrations on the pedal. However the light remaining on, if not explainable, is an MOT failure.

Any ideas

Alastair

IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: ABS advisory light
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18th, 2010, 11:03am »

The ABS light not clearing on self test ( when first ignition switched on ) IS an MOT failure. There are o number of issues which can cause this from dirty sensor/plug to a dry joint in the ABS circuit itself which is well documented on here.  
I would start with the easy ones . Clean all the sensor rings especially the front ones by washing out and visually inspecting  and then check the plugs under the front wheel arches ( near the bottom of the suspension leg) and if all else fails check the rear connections under the rear seat,  then and only then consider the repair of the ABS circuit .  

The seat belt light could be a loose connection under the seats ( i can't remember if that doubles as an air bag warning as well if so then the clock spring connection could also be loose.

I am quite sure others on here who have experience of the repairs will advise in more detail.

There is also a wealth of info on THIS POST
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
wumpster

1996 2.5TD Scorpio Exec

View Profile WWW Email

Re: ABS advisory light
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18th, 2010, 11:30am »

is it the seat belt or air bag light the air bag light is one i have seen a few times when hitting a bump its normaly the conection on the back that has come loose just take the airbag off and push the plug it tight i have had 2 now with that problem
IP Logged

www.thewumpster.co.uk
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.