Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 7:25am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Adjusting the door? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Adjusting the door?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Adjusting the door?  (Read 506 times)
tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

Adjusting the door?
« on: May 14th, 2010, 4:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

Finally I found some time to replace my driver side door. Took four solid hours, because I needed to move the locks, power window, and loom. The worst to deal with was that sticky glue on the protective foam sheet. Everything worked straight away to my great surprise.  

What does the box with the two large multiplugs do? Is that where the seat settings are stored?

BTW, although the internal connectors were all the same, the master connector was completely different. Mine is a -95 and the donor was a -97. Something to remember it seems. Especially when one wants to do a quick swap. I think the change happened in mid 96. Also, the loom grommet is half cm larger on the newer doors, I need to get that tight.

But now the door needs adjustment. Are the "reversed" torx 40's on the hinges the only way to adjust the door? It didn't seem too effective, still the door is a bit too close to the B-pillar, but couldn't really find anything else to mess with either. Is lifting the door while tightening the screw the trick?
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: Adjusting the door?
« Reply #1 on: May 14th, 2010, 4:50pm »

I dont think there is any adjustment  you can make to the doors other than the striker plates.

I think the small torx screw on the hinge is only there to secure the door in place and stop it being lifted up, not to hold the door position.

large box is the drivers door module DDM which I believe controls all the door/window/mirror functions
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 14th, 2010, 8:43pm »

That's a bit weird, need to check what can be done to straighten the door up.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 14th, 2010, 9:41pm »

tlundkvi.
I suffer from dropped doors on my funeral stretches,usually because of wear in the hinges.To set them right I remove the door and with a large right angle monkey wrench and a short piece of scaffold tube I bend the hinge,nearly always the top one,about 2 or 3mm forward.You can bend the lower one backwards but you risk the bottom of the door being too close to the B post.Don't forget that a small movement on the hinge is multiplied when measured at the rear of the door,therefore be gentle.
          GOZZ.
IP Logged
tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 15th, 2010, 6:42pm »

Thanks Gozz, this seems like a working solution. I would say the lower hinge is quite OK, so I'll try the upper one only. For some reason it was perfectly aligned on the old one, but it may have been messed with, there was indications of collision repair by a previous owner on it.
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 17th, 2010, 12:14am »

For all anyone knows the assembly line worker also used a right-angled monkey wrench and a bit of scaffold tube to make 'em fit neatly in the first place Grin

IP Logged

Mike H
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.