Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 3:32am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Yellow Multiplug »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Yellow Multiplug
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Yellow Multiplug  (Read 884 times)
leuzi

I'm from Luxembourg

View Profile

Yellow Multiplug
« on: Jul 28th, 2010, 12:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there, my name is Tom and I am new to this forum.

have a problem with the windows in front that are not moving.  

I own a Scorpio Cosworth with the fully electrically adjustable seats. I purchased the car with the wrong (manually adjustable) seats and the electrical windows in front did not work. The owner told me the problem would disappear after installing the other (fully electrical) seats. I did this, the seats work fine but the windows will still not open. I have found a yellow multilplug under the driver seat that I do not know where to connect it to. I could not find a fitting socket...

Can anybody please tell me where the socket is or if this can be the cause for the malfunction of the windows? Is it possible to connect 12v to the multiplug? Will this start the windows?

Please help.

Regards,

Tom
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Yellow Multiplug
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2010, 2:01pm »

Tom. Welcome to the site.  Don't connect anything to this until you get a positive answer from one of the guys. I believe it is a connector for the air bags and seat belt pre-tensioners. Some cars have pyrotechnic units fitted near the seat runners. Best left well alone !!. Have you checked the fuses for the windows as a first step?. Fuses 25 and 26 in the main,drivers side, fusebox. Both are 30amp rated. The other check is the large connector which carries the cables into the door itself.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
tonyboy

black2.924Vcoss ( No More )

Tony+Redden   Tony+Redden
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28th, 2010, 5:35pm »

Hello Tom. If the fuses are ok try swapping the window switches over, you might have a dodgy switch, or the door module could be faulty, But like simmo says don't connect anything to the yellow multiplug until you know what it's for. Is everything else working, electrically, Sometimes  If something else isn't working that could be the problem causing a fault to something else, The scorpio is a bit sensative when it comes to the electrics. The old MK3 granada window switches fit if youv'e got one.
IP Logged

I think i'm going, erm what do you call it..... Senial.... Huh
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28th, 2010, 7:37pm »

Another possibility is the plug connector(s) for the window motors in the door(s) have a bad connection, may just need disturbing to put right (?)
IP Logged

Mike H
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28th, 2010, 7:40pm »

Appendix ~ one Winter I had the driver's window wouldn't go down, while I was at the Dartford crossing toll booth (isn't that typical? Grin ) couple more goes on the button cleared it, never happened again. I assumed the damp weather had something to do with it. (?)

IP Logged

Mike H
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 29th, 2010, 1:31pm »

is your car a later type 1998? if so it could be for the later seats that had side impact air bags in the seats. yellow plugs and looms are air bag/restraint related
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
leuzi

I'm from Luxembourg

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 4th, 2010, 4:06am »

Thank you very much for all the replies.

I had already checked the fuses and will check the connectors. However, does anybody know where a socket for the yellow multiplug might be found? My car is from 1995. I don't know how old the seats are though.

Tom
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 4th, 2010, 9:31am »

on Jul 28th, 2010, 2:01pm, Simmo wrote:
Some cars have pyrotechnic units fitted near the seat runners.

Are there wires from the seat belt buckle assembly? Maybe you don't have pyrotechnic seatbelt pretensioners (or you do now but don't have the wiring for them).
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 4th, 2010, 9:48am »

on Aug 4th, 2010, 4:06am, leuzi wrote:
Thank you very much for all the replies.

I had already checked the fuses and will check the connectors. However, does anybody know where a socket for the yellow multiplug might be found? My car is from 1995. I don't know how old the seats are though.

Tom

Hi Tom,

as previously mentioned, the yellow plug/leads are for airbags.
If your car wasnt fitted with side seat airbags originally it wont have the loom fitted to the car so you cant plug them in.

I cannot see how plugging these in would enable your windows to work, i think the previous owner might have been telling you a wee fib Wink

Does your car have global opening/closing?

Try holding the key in the door lock in both the locked and unlocked positions for a few seconds and see if anything happens.
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 4th, 2010, 11:56am »

Yep I think so, the leccy windows are basic to all variations of the car, plugs under the seat have nowt to do with it I would think, it's all inside the doors. And associated wiring. Grin

IP Logged

Mike H
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.