Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 5:19am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Swapping interiors »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Swapping interiors
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Swapping interiors  (Read 464 times)
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Swapping interiors
« on: Aug 8th, 2010, 10:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Guys, I have just obtained a Pumice leather interior ( including doorcards with trim, carpet, dashboard, centre console, scorpio embossed car mats, speakers, roof lining, sunroof liner. the whole of the insides) and the engine undertray  from a 24v cosworth for my 2.0l Ultima. Obvious differences would be the seats are heated and the passenger seat is electric as well, mine are not and it also has the passenger air bag fitted.  Can any of these elements be adapted to mine ie is there the extra wiring fitted to my car so I can benefit from them.  Cheers Lee
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

Re: Swapping interiors
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8th, 2010, 10:46pm »

I'd not bother wiring up the heating elements or seat airbag, however you will need to provide power and earth to the seat otherwise you won't be able to adjust it!

I did fit a leather seat in place of my cloth (but electric height adjustment) seat years back.  Because it already had a power feed to the seat, I just connected that up to the two relevant wires that fed the electrics on the new seat.  I did also wire up the heaters on both but I had the switches and connectors already, and making up extra wiring for them didn't faze me.

Darren
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2010, 8:02am »

There is a small loom on the higher spec cars which runs from the passenger foot well and into the centre consul and replaces the lower spec one its quite easy to get hold of and an VERY easy job to replace all the seats I did my old 12v years ago.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10th, 2010, 11:18pm »

Anyone got one of these small looms that Snoopy is talking about. Would like the seat to move!!!
IP Logged
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14th, 2010, 10:16am »

Lleewar, when I bought my 12valve saloon, which came with cloth seats and a manual pump thingy on the drivers side seat, some 5?, years ago I got fully electric Leather seats from a Mk. 111 Granada and fitted them.  Now I know nothing about electricks but managed to get the front seats working fine by connecting the wiring to the rear cigar lighter which is permanently Live (unlike me these days) No problems so far.

Mike   Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.