Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 11:33pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« head light washer/wiper »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   head light washer/wiper
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: head light washer/wiper  (Read 528 times)
tonysteele

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

head light washer/wiper
« on: Jan 7th, 2011, 11:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

can anyone help.
my wipers would not work, yet my headlight wipers kept on working, even with the ignition turned off?
i went in to look up the problem when i came back to the car ten minutes later the headlight wiper was stopped so no problem i thought?
next day when i tried to start car battery was flat?
i treid to resolve problem temperaly by removing fuse?
unfortunately i think the fuse box layout is different on my 1995 granada scorpio auto estate to the one shown on sight
any help showing which fuse i should take out and or long term resolution to problem

thanks

tony
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: head light washer/wiper
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2011, 12:54pm »

Firstly is this a frog-eye Scorpio ? or a Granada?. If it is a Scorpio then Fuse 19 in the Main,drivers side, fusebox deals with the headlamp washers. Fuse 7 deals with the wiper motors BUT the headlamp washers have a relay,coloured blue, in the compartment behind the glovebox. Have you got a battery cover fitted and are all the drain holes in the bulkhead clear of leaves,crud etc. Is the carpet in the passenger footwell wet?. If it is then you have water getting in from the bulkhead grommet behind the passenger side,auxillary, fusebox. This will run over the control module and cause all sorts of grief.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
tonysteele

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2011, 1:32pm »

its an l reg granada scorpio, not frog eye, yes i brought a battery cover, imported from germany?, as recommended on this site,  i regularly clean out drain area,every 4 months wether it needs or not, as reccomended by this site. no signs of water on inside carpets.

the estate has only done 163000 miles and has just passed its mot with £70 worth of welding underneath, hoping it will pass a couple more
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2011, 2:29pm »

This site is dedicated to the 'Frog Eye' Scorpio. If yours is a Granada then you need to use This site which is principally for your car. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.