Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 6:20am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Windscreen washer pump »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Windscreen washer pump
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Windscreen washer pump  (Read 1218 times)
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Windscreen washer pump
« on: Apr 23rd, 2011, 3:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I have just finished repositioning brushes on air con motor and all seems fine and  is now working, to do this apart from other things I removed wiper linkage assembly, after putting everything back as it should I tested windscreen wipers and ok except I now have no windscreen wash function the motor which can normally be heard is now silent I know the fuse is ok because the wiper motor shares the same, my question is where is the motor pump situated and what type of task is it to check or indeed replace.

2.3 1997 Saloon ghia

Cheers Kenboy
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: Windscreen washer pump
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23rd, 2011, 4:35pm »

It's shoved into the front of the reservoir behind the offside of the front bumper,best check for power on the cable ends first,if there is power,just pull the pump out , prepare for an armful of liquid.The grommet into which the pump is pressed incorporates a filter,best pull it out and clean it before replacing the pump.
           GOZZ.

IP Logged
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23rd, 2011, 8:48pm »

Cheers Gozz but just to add, just this moment went for a spin only to discover I have no lights front and rear, dashboard lights up and indicaters work so I would imagine what with the washer pump not working the fault is probably common to both, not sure what other electrics work I would therefore ask if you or others could point me in the right direction as to what to look at.

Cheers Ken
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23rd, 2011, 9:19pm »

on Apr 23rd, 2011, 8:48pm, Kenboy wrote:
Cheers Gozz but just to add, just this moment went for a spin only to discover I have no lights front and rear, dashboard lights up and indicaters work so I would imagine what with the washer pump not working the fault is probably common to both, not sure what other electrics work I would therefore ask if you or others could point me in the right direction as to what to look at.

Cheers Ken

Have you taken the large multi-plug connector off the the main fusebox ? Very easy to put it back 1 row of pins out - I know, I've done it  Embarassed
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23rd, 2011, 9:21pm »

Would it be the old chestnut of the multiplug at the front of the main fuse box being misaligned ? have you removed it for any reason ?
            GOZZ.
Snap Mike                                            
IP Logged
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24th, 2011, 8:15am »

Yes I did remove the multiplug and fuse box cover as I had lost a screw in that area whilst carrying out motor fan repair I also took the opportunity in clearing out all the crud I was unaware that the multi plug could be put back the wrong way  I will have a look and get back to you later.

Kenboy
IP Logged
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24th, 2011, 8:47am »

Well I took the multiplug off and repositioned a couple of times and to me it still looks like it can only go on one way but I assume thats were the problem lies, is it just a matter of perseverance or is there a way of obtaining correct alignment. BTW never did find the screw

Cheers Kenboy
IP Logged
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24th, 2011, 10:19am »

Tried again with a little more patience this time and all is well, once again you guys have come up trumps I have to be honest I was totally stumped and had visions of expensive garage times BTW just a tip, (Aircon Motor Fan) Once I had cut using a hacksaw blade the evaporator housing, removing the clips and one screw I had a nightmare trying to remove the cut out section and was just about to give up, my wife saw I was a little stressed and suggested that instead of using brute force to lift it off, tilt it forward and  slide it towards the battery tray and  hey presto although still a little fiddley it came away and replacement, use the same method I now have my fan working as it should and just to reiterate without the info From How To Do Things I would not have had a clue, so once again many many thanks.

Kenboy
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Apr 24th, 2011, 11:51am »

Yes, I had a fight getting my sawn section of the housing out.

Pictures of fitting the multiplug are here:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=admin;action=dis play;num=1267895931
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 25th, 2011, 2:57pm »

Glad you got the plug sorted. there is a trick to relocating it, can't remember offhand but amounts to getting one of the holding clips aligned properly first?

IP Logged

Mike H
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Apr 26th, 2011, 12:06pm »

If you look on page two in How to do Things there is an excellent article by Highlander which showa exactly what is needed to locate the large connector to the main fusebox multi plug correctly.  Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26th, 2011, 12:55pm »

Or you could click on the link I'd posted above Wink
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.