Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:57am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Drowned HT lead »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Drowned HT lead
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Drowned HT lead  (Read 485 times)
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Drowned HT lead
« on: Jul 16th, 2011, 10:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

All this rain reminded me of a problem I discovered on the 24 valve.

As I own 2x24valve and 2x12 Scorps and a 954cc Citroen AX I drive the AX locally and reserve the 24 Valve Scorps for longer journeys, or just for the sheer pleasure of driving these great cars.

Well winter time I don't drive the Scorps much so last winter I, parked the Scorps nose down, slightly, to facilitate drainage and only drove them aprox every 10 days over a distance of 8 miles ensuring engine temp indicating half way up the guage.  I was away from home for over 2 weeks and sometime after I had returned I went to start-up my red 24 valve.  Bad missfire  Huh Huh As she runs perfectly, butter smooth, I was at a loss as to what could be wrong.  Basics  Embarassed.  Embarassed. After a lot of faffing about and 2x new post Cat O2 Sensors I checked the Plugs only to find that No. 1 Plug hole was flooded right up into the Plug lead---Dead short  Roll Eyes.  I dried out the Plug hole and the HT lead, re-connected, fired up, Butter smooth again  Grin.

With the car angled front down and cambering slightly to the nearside condensation had dripped off the undeside of the Bonnet sound damper into the offside Well in which the Plugs sit.  There is a drain hole at the rear of the Well/s but the angle of the Car meant that the Water could not drain and so flooded the No. 1 Plug hole causing a dead short.

Bit of a problem really as it is advisable to ensure that the Drains for the Fuse Boxes are clear and free flowing, also the slight tilt forward eases the Cam Chain rattle.

Best regards

Mike
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.