Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Engine Number? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Engine Number?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Engine Number?  (Read 948 times)
Roundozo

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Engine Number?
« on: Jul 25th, 2011, 5:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,

Im a new member on here as i need lots of help and guidance if possilbe on the 24v 2.9 BOB engine. I have a MK4 ford Cortina with said engine installed. I need to inform the DVLA of the upgrade and need to get the engine number for them. Could someone let me know where this is stamped on the block? I have also posted in the wanted section as my water pump is badly leaking so if you know where i can find one please message me.

Thanks in anticipation.

George.  Grin
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

Re: Engine Number?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25th, 2011, 8:19pm »

On the 2.8 V6 block the engine number is on a flat bit on the n/s at the front, just below the top of the cylinder block - maybe the 2.9 has it in the same place ?
Worth a look Huh
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25th, 2011, 8:54pm »

Roundozo.
Regarding the water pump,have a look at the 'Problems' section under water pump leak.
IP Logged
Roundozo

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26th, 2011, 8:05am »

Cheers for the info, having a read about the pump in the right area. With regards to the engine number, what should it look like? I've found many different numbers printed in different places.  Huh
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26th, 2011, 9:04am »

As Mike says,re the 12valve which has the same basic block,there is a small ground flange at the front of the block where the nearside head meets it,I looked on a 24v engine which has exactly the same flange,but mine has no number on it.
Highlander or Matt on here are devotees of the 24v,they may well know it's whereabouts when they surface.
IP Logged
Dave2302

2006 Mercedes S55 AMG, Retired Barefoot Waterskier

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26th, 2011, 10:23am »

Cosworth V6 Engine numbers are on the back of the block behind N/S cylinder head, a proper pig to see when insalled in the car, you will need mirror or somesuch, unless you have the log book for the car that the engine came out of, in which case it will be printed in the log book (V5)

HTH Dave
IP Logged

Dave "The 'ol Bear" ex Footer !
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27th, 2011, 8:24am »

The last time I changed and engine the DVLA wanted a full engineers report on the engine and its fitting.  
To by-pass this situation I to asked them under what legislation they required the information.
After a long pause they agreed they did NOT have powers to request such information.
All the law requires on engine change is to supply the new engine details. Keep receipts etc to prove ownership.  

(They may require some proof in going DOWN in taxation class's )
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Roundozo

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28th, 2011, 8:47am »

I dont think they'll need that much proof as its gone from a 2.8 to a 2.9 so tax should be the same.  

how many digits should the engine number be? The only marking i can see on the block is above the flywheel near where the distributor would be on the 2.8 colonge engine (i belive they use the same block). It just looks to small for an engine number, its only 2 digits and a letter (F i think)

Unfortunately the engine is already installed in the car but luckly being a cortina there is a little bit of spcae around it to have a look still.

Cheers, George.
IP Logged
Dave2302

2006 Mercedes S55 AMG, Retired Barefoot Waterskier

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 28th, 2011, 10:10am »

on Jul 26th, 2011, 10:23am, Dave2302 wrote:
Cosworth V6 Engine numbers are on the back of the block behind N/S cylinder head, a proper pig to see when insalled in the car, you will need mirror or somesuch, unless you have the log book for the car that the engine came out of, in which case it will be printed in the log book (V5)

HTH Dave

IP Logged

Dave "The 'ol Bear" ex Footer !
Roundozo

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 28th, 2011, 12:36pm »

Im going to take the inlet manifolds off tonight so i can have a look down the back with the girlfriends pocket mirror! im sure she'll appreciate that  Grin

i hope i can find it this time. I can't believe im being stumped by a simple number!!! I cant send the V5 off without it and therefore cant MOT and TAX her! ARGH!  

oh the joys of owning a car. Hey ho! Tongue
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.