Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 1:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2.0 8v non starter fuel problems »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   2.0 8v non starter fuel problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2.0 8v non starter fuel problems  (Read 1070 times)
madmart

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

2.0 8v non starter fuel problems
« on: Sep 1st, 2011, 6:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi hoping some body can help me with advice , I have a ford transit 2.0 petrol fitted with the same engine as the scorpio 8v .  
I parked on Friday night having just filled with petrol , went out on Saturday and she would not start , was fairly sure it was fuel related somehow , so asked a mate to squirt WD40 in the air filter system where she started up first time .  
Anyway changed the petrol filter and checked the petrol pump nothing .
Changed the engine coolant sensor nothing , clamped the fuel return line ( to check the fuel regulator ) nothing  
I have just checked the voltage to the petrol injectors and on first crank it coes to 8.75 Volts then down to less than 1 volt is this normal ?  
anybody had anything similar ? I have been told by Ford that maybe it needs a cold start relay but i do not even know where that is .
I know that this is not a Scorpio but it has the same heart ( and problems !!) hope somebody can help me soon as I need to go to work thanks in advance
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: 2.0 8v non starter fuel problems
« Reply #1 on: Sep 1st, 2011, 9:58pm »

It's always simplest to get a diagnostic plug in first,it should tell you something,regarding the cold start relay,maybe the Ford bloke thinks it's a diesel,they aren't used to petrol Trannys  Wink
         GOZZ.
IP Logged
5stud

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 2nd, 2011, 12:46am »

two petrol transits with 2.0 8v s in just over a week.one with to mutch petrol one with no petrol.you have to get your codes read the obd port is in the top left hand corner of the fuse -relay box behind the spare fuse holder.
IP Logged
madmart

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 2nd, 2011, 2:51am »

Hi already got the codes read but really did not tell me much , the code was u1262 !! I am not sure what that one is but suspect it means the code reader does not recognise the ecu .
IP Logged
madmart

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24th, 2012, 1:25am »

Hi guys sorry to reawaken an old post , my problem appears to be that there is no pulse to the injectors ie they are not being told to open , I have a spare vehicle now that is all working fine , so far I have swopped all of the ECU electronics over inc PATS module and sender unit and nothing .Also we have swopped over all of the relays etc and no difference .
Has anybody else had this problem with either the 2.0 8v or 16v or the 2.3 16v ? It looks like my next port of call is swopping over parts of the loom which is not some thing that I have done before .
Help me please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 1st, 2012, 1:12pm »

Could be wrong but isn't the power supply to the injectors permanently 'live'? Could just be no 12V to the injectors? Willa nota verk without Grin

Could be dodgy wire then. (?)
IP Logged

Mike H
madmart

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 1st, 2012, 3:44pm »

+yes I am thinking dodgy wiring somewhere from the ecu under the engine bay , I took it to one garage who managed to get it running , they took out the ecu ( which was wet inside ) dried it out then put it back on and it started !!
But when they went back to it , it would not start again they then diagosed the ecu , which confused the issue for a while . I think that they disturbed the dodgy wiring removing the ecu , but I have now tried the ecu on my other van and it works perfectly .
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 2nd, 2012, 12:49pm »

on Feb 1st, 2012, 3:44pm, madmart wrote:
took out the ecu ( which was wet inside )

Not good news! That needs sorting sooner than ASAP ... to quote another member (think might have been PJDavis) Scorpio is like a computer on wheels; computers do not generally like being wet. So I'm not surprised summink's not working

IP Logged

Mike H
madmart

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23rd, 2012, 2:18am »

well success at last turned out to be the eddis ignition amplifier , £12 later it was running thanks for all the help guys
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 23rd, 2012, 9:55am »

on Feb 23rd, 2012, 2:18am, madmart wrote:
well success at last turned out to be the eddis ignition amplifier , £12 later it was running thanks for all the help guys

I bet that's a weight off your mind eh madmart ? there is of course always some well hidden fault,finding it can be a puzzle and can get you thinking the machine is possessed  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 23rd, 2012, 1:35pm »

Congratulations
IP Logged

Mike H
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.