Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 4:18pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 24V Cosworth Water Pumps »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   24V Cosworth Water Pumps
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 24V Cosworth Water Pumps  (Read 901 times)
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: 24V Cosworth Water Pumps
« Reply #40 on: Dec 21st, 2015, 12:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Burton power is where I got mine from for £150 in 2013 and it was easy to change once I started thinking how to do it lol. I believe that there were some a little cheaper somewhere else. But be very careful as people advertise 24v water pumps that are actually 12v ones which work but you need a blanking plate and to divert the water pipes.
IP Logged
amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Dec 21st, 2015, 11:37pm »

on Dec 21st, 2015, 12:14am, Andycan wrote:
Burton power is where I got mine from for £150 in 2013 and it was easy to change once I started thinking how to do it lol. I believe that there were some a little cheaper somewhere else. But be very careful as people advertise 24v water pumps that are actually 12v ones which work but you need a blanking plate and to divert the water pipes.

Burton power state they can no longer get waterpumps - and indeed, the website says they are no longer stocked:-

http://www.burtonpower.com/water-pump-cosworth-v6-24v-2-9-bob-epw01.html

This is the one I got from Burton a couple of years back if the part numbers help you any:-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/amigafan2003/IMAG02071_zpse6090398 .jpg~original
IP Logged
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: Dec 22nd, 2015, 12:02am »

Burton told me they didn't stock water pumps anymore but then I got hold of another operator of theirs and he sold me one lol. The cheaper way is to buy the 12v one and swap the impellers over.
IP Logged
Dave2302

2006 Mercedes S55 AMG, Retired Barefoot Waterskier

View Profile Email

« Reply #43 on: Dec 30th, 2015, 4:48pm »

A lot of 12V pump bearing sets won't fit, depends what make you get.

The 24V bearing / seal assembly  is available from bearing stockists.

After someone told me how dear I was I gave up doing these for customers, and these days I simply don't have the time.

If you have access to a press, and plenty of attachments it is  a straight forward enough job to rebuild them.

Cheers Dave
IP Logged

Dave "The 'ol Bear" ex Footer !
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: Jul 17th, 2018, 9:09am »

Good morning everybody.  

Well, the Water Pump on one of my Scorpio 24valve Cosworth Estates has started to leak. As you know it is a BOB engine. I ordered and received the wrong Pump. I am now in negotiations with buycarparts concerning the return of the wrong Pump and the supply of the correct Pump. I have given them every bit of info. as supplied on the V5 Registration Doc.  I have also pointed out that it is a BOB Engine.  

They have now requested the Part No of the existing pump and photos. The Pump is still on "The Beast" so I cannot oblige.  

Therefore, can somebody please tell me the Part No for the 24valve Cossie Ultima Estate Water Pump so that I can tell buycarparts... I don't hold our much hope of them supplying the correct Pump, however they seem keen to help and you never know.

I have read the other posts on here and feel quite worried as I truly love my Scorps.

Best regards

Mike  Huh
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: Jul 17th, 2018, 11:27am »

Hi

For a photo use the burton power one http://www.burtonpower.com/water-pump-cosworth-v6-24v-2-9-bob-epw01.html
 finis code not sure of but it will be on here somewhere, there is also a thread on here for converting the v6 granada pump, these are freely available and is probably the one the idiots sent you.

There are bob cosworth engines available from a firm in Scotland on ebay may be good for spares or whatever as the parts for these are getting worse to find now.

Hope this helps Roy
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: Jul 17th, 2018, 1:16pm »

Price is a good guide as far as retailers are concerned – less than 3 digits in whole £’s forget it. Probably your best bet is to find someone to rebuild yours or do the 12v pump mod.

Earlier in this thread it’s given as FINIS 1518114. Trouble is the aftermarket catalogues are wrong so giving the right ref doesn’t help the factors – they look it up & the cross reference leads them back to the 12v pump.

The last aftermarket one I am aware of was Airtex 1710 but I don’t think it’s been produced for some time.

Searching online you may find results outside the UK, I found a couple but not in English but whether they’ve actually got one or send to UK…. This looks right & probably a high enough price:

http://www.viawebpiecesauto.fr/pompe-a-eau/ford-scorpio-ii-break-gnr-ggr -2-9-i-24v-207cv-essence/airtex-1710/ford-scorpio-ii-break-gnr-ggr-2-9-i-24v-207cv-essence.html

Dave
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Tenfut

White Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: Jul 17th, 2018, 2:34pm »

I have just changed the water pump on my 24v. I had a used one in my stash which I bought from another member about 15 years ago and up to now is working perfectly.

Here are some numbers from the pump I took off:

95TM-8505-AA

FNO 7567

17-421-1

I contacted SP Water Pumps in Warrington and spoke to a very helpful guy called John who said he could definitely rebuild my non working pump. He couldn't give me an exact cost but estimated between £95.00 and £160.00. Expensive I suppose but cheaper than a new one if one could be sourced. I do intend to get this pump refurbished soon.

SP Water Pumps 01925 850082

HTH

Tony
IP Logged

Everything in moderation!!
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: Jul 18th, 2018, 9:47am »

Wow!  Thank you guys for all the information that you have given me  Kiss

I have copied and sent the picture that you sent Torbayboy along with the Nos you gave me Tenfut and sent them to buycarparts. Aaagh! Just realised that I have not sent them the FINIS No you gave me Dave.  I get dopier every day.  I will post it to them now

Mike Cool
IP Logged
Scorpio_Dan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: Mar 5th, 2024, 12:37pm »

I sent my original water pump off to SP Waterpumps Ltd ( spwaterpumps.co.uk ) and they sent me back a refurbished Ford pump.  

I sent it on a Monday and had it back and fitted on the Saturday. Awesome service and all for around £200.  

I wish I knew of them sooner after all the faff of blanking off a Boa pump and then buying new hoses to 'make it fit' which cost me more!

Hopefully should outlive the car now.

Dan
IP Logged
cobrascim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: Mar 5th, 2024, 5:12pm »

Brilliant Dan glad your sorted and that is handy to know.

John.
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #51 on: Mar 5th, 2024, 7:47pm »

Just a quick note , have run 2 cossie estates now on granada pumps. Both fitted professionally by local spanner and no problems at all.  

IP Logged

cobrascim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: Mar 14th, 2024, 11:50am »

on Mar 5th, 2024, 7:47pm, Torbayboy wrote:
Just a quick note , have run 2 cossie estates now on granada pumps. Both fitted professionally by local spanner and no problems at all.  

Another handy tip. Which granada is that though? The standard 2.9 or the granada cosworth BOA engine?
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #53 on: Mar 14th, 2024, 5:36pm »

Hi this is with the normal granada 2.9 pump, loads available generally around £45 or so. Small adaptor plate to fit first (or all the water falls out), run with no issues now for a few years,  also took the oppertunity to move the stat a bit so it's more easy to access if needed.

R
IP Logged

cobrascim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: Mar 14th, 2024, 11:10pm »

Thanks Torbayboy really good to know and think I may move my stat at some point although new one seems to be quite happy at the moment.
IP Logged
Jackattack2002

Proud 24V owner

View Profile Email

« Reply #55 on: Apr 8th, 2024, 5:14pm »

You can get the genuine BOB pumps reconditioned at SP Water Pumps Ltd, with a very quick turnaround.  New bearing and seals.  Not cheap, but great service
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.