Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 2nd, 2024, 12:15am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Going to norway, daytime running lights »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Going to norway, daytime running lights
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Going to norway, daytime running lights  (Read 1738 times)
Pianoman

24v Ultima Saloon & 2.0 16v Ultima Estate

View Profile Email

Going to norway, daytime running lights
« on: Aug 19th, 2012, 10:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am taking a Scorpio to  Norway for a few months. Daytime lights are law.  Is it possible to enable daytime running lights on the scorpio? I read somewhere on here that the fusebox is different for Scandinavia.  
The handbook says that relay r14 is for daytime running lights?
many thanks
Tony
IP Logged
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

Re: Going to norway, daytime running lights
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19th, 2012, 10:44pm »

i think it would be easier to run a cable to the fog lights or side lights (depending on how bright they need to be) and have them running through a relay off the ignition
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19th, 2012, 11:17pm »

If you're taking a car to Norway whilst visiting (i.e. not impermanent) then your car doesn't need to have DRL's but you do need to have your sidelights switched on whenever driving.

DRL's are only mandatory for any car SOLD in Norway post 1986 and there is no retrofit requirement (i.e. you don't have to fit them to a 1985 manufactured car).
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20th, 2012, 7:27am »

Make sure you take plenty on £'s with you as it is very expensive in Scandinavia.. I know I've been. just use your headlamps on dip if you don't want to stand out and use the beam adjusters to make them go to the right.  
If you drink then i advise taking it with you. and don't buy it on the boat its cheaper at Tesco etc.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20th, 2012, 1:10pm »

on Aug 19th, 2012, 11:17pm, amigafan2003 wrote:
If you're taking a car to Norway whilst visiting (i.e. not impermanent) then your car doesn't need to have DRL's but you do need to have your sidelights switched on whenever driving.

I would have thought so too, it's a foreign car innit?

IP Logged

Mike H
Pianoman

24v Ultima Saloon & 2.0 16v Ultima Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 24th, 2012, 5:26pm »

Thanks guys, I will just switch the side lights one. I was hoping it would just be possible to put a relay in r14 to have the lights running with the engine.
Thanks
Tony
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25th, 2012, 11:17am »

Bit of a hassle? Just turn switch on Grin

Would dim-dip be sufficient? Does anyone know ..

IP Logged

Mike H
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26th, 2012, 9:51am »

Quote:
Keep headlights on at all times and observe speed limits. Fines for exceeding the speed limit are high. Be aware that certain driving laws differ in Norway. For example, on roads which are not marked with a priority sign (a yellow diamond), drivers must give way to traffic coming from the right.

Alcohol limits for drivers are far stricter than UK levels. Roadside checks for alcohol are frequent, and submission to a breathalyser is mandatory. Penalties for driving under the influence are severe and can lead to a prison sentence. The 0.20ml limit means in effect no alcohol 12 hours before driving.

another site states Quote:
2. Speed Limits in Norway
Speed demons might want to drive somewhere else. Norway's speed limit on highways is only 90 km/h (56 mph). On open country roads you can go 80 km/h, and in towns it's 50 km/h.
3. Norwegian Safety Regulations
Check if you have your seat belts on, the headlights on, and that you have a warning triangle and visibility wests for emergencies. All these are legally required. You may want to use studded tires if you visit northern Norway (e.g. the North Cape) in winter.
4. Alcohol While Driving
When it comes to drunk driving, Norway has the strictest laws in Europe. The maximum blood alcohol content is only 0.1 promille (which is only a small glass of a weak drink) and there are hefty punishments for violators.
5. Documents for Driving in Norway
Let's see what you will need when you drive in Norway: your driver's license, foreign passport, vehicle registration document (V5), and proof of insurance.
6. Emergency Assistance on the Road
Here, Norway differes a little from its Scandinavian neighbors. Emergency services can be reached under different phone numbers: 110 for the fire department, 112 for the police, and 113 for ambulances.

Go back to the main article Driving in Scandinavia to learn more about driving in the other countries.

taken from advice site on driving in Norway.
Have look around there is plenty of advice. But it means you MUST have your lights on Dipped beam all the time, and carry documents etc.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 26th, 2012, 10:20am »

Interesting.

I am reminded of Micheal Palin's Pole To Pole series, it was mentioned there's a 2 year waiting list for peeps to start their prison sentence for drink driving in Sweden Grin
IP Logged

Mike H
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.