Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 2nd, 2024, 12:13am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Two post car lift »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Two post car lift
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Two post car lift  (Read 662 times)
Jeff

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Two post car lift
« on: Sep 26th, 2012, 9:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am sick of crawling under cars. I'm too old for it now and even with nice bits of old carpet, it's too uncomfortable.
Also, this weekend my mini rolled back off my large ramps just as I was half way in and half out - not normally a problem, but mine's got a roll cage with side bars so I was doing a sort of limbo action and couldn't get me feet on the brake pedal or the floor outside and have a bruised thigh and pulled muscle in me back to show for it. Nothing serious, but a timely reminder how easy it is to have an accident as we go about our 'hobby'. Hadn't put the handbrake on hard enough, had I.
So. Senior management has given a tentative approval for the release of funds for a lift. I must act immediately before she starts on about the kitchen again.
Anyone got any advice or experience of domestic market two post lifts?
I can't find any magazine or independent test data and have looked through the many magazines that WHS kindly offer for free lunchtime perusal in their stores, but couldn't even see any adverts. Looked at some at the Classic Car Show last year and thought the portable one that can be stored back inside the garage looked interesting (not got the headroom to install inside garage). It seems they will cost between 1000 and 1500 quid. Yes, a lot, but it's one way of suddenly having lots of friends with classic cars...and I reckon you'd get your money back (or most of it) if you eventually sell it off. I could charge a small rental perhaps....coffee included....
IP Logged

2.9 Cosworth saloon and 2.3 saloon
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.