Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 6:19pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« connector c132 »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   connector c132
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: connector c132  (Read 1117 times)
bernard_slade

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

connector c132
« on: Dec 14th, 2012, 3:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

how do you open the darned thing -ifound one pressure point that appeared to release a holding tang but it remains glued together and i wonder if there is a second retainer  i cant see where it actually parts  or a leverage point to encourage it if it is just stuck the only instruction says disconnect -but no one says how to release it
IP Logged

another OAP past sell by date
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: connector c132
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2012, 8:49am »

I don't know if This diagram helps ? Huh
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Jeff

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2012, 10:12am »

These modern connectors are a vast improvement on what we suffered in the eighties or before, but there are so many different designs and it's not always clear how they open - even if you can see them. And there's dozens more of them, isn't there.

Not much help, this, is it!
IP Logged

2.9 Cosworth saloon and 2.3 saloon
bernard_slade

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2012, 11:42am »

looking at that diagram again it looks as though there is only one release point and it probably wont move when its released because the two sleeves of the connector are cold shrunk togeter because of the freezing temperatures at the moment thanks simmo i can see why i am on my own with this one because no other scorpio uses this connector-its not something ford would service and i t looks like even the vast internet resource doesnt indicate that anyone has a list and details of wiring connectors otherwise i would buy a connector just to see how it works and have a spare in case i louse it up
IP Logged

Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2012, 2:55pm »

Bernard, if, as you say you feel the cause is temperature related how about using a warm air gun or a hairdryer to gently warm the connector. It is often a great way of easing the joint as the plastic becomes slightly malleable and thus easier to release. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
bernard_slade

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2012, 5:44pm »

heat and bad language did the trick and i got it open  one side sockets and one side pins for future info for everyone its the pins that connect to the engine sensors   i checked continuity of pins 6 and7 with the ect sender plug and both wires were ok and tried cross linking the probes and got no continuity so contrary to expectations ther is no short between them on that side of the connectorc132 .i think its most unlikely that a short exists on the connector to pct side-i havent checked but it now seems probable its a pcm malfunction i have noticed that as other warnin light extinguish the overheat light briefly flickers off then comes back on i may have to live with it but i am wondering what the pcm thinking the engine is overheating is doing to compensate upsetting engine management factors i havent detected .at least the new maf has improved matters
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.