Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 2:19pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ENGINE LOOM »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   ENGINE LOOM
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ENGINE LOOM  (Read 3809 times)
rodhgv

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

ENGINE LOOM
« on: Jun 10th, 2013, 5:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

HI, MY ENGINE LOOM BETWEEN PCM AND C 113 HAS GIVEN UP, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN OBTAIN NEW OR DECENT USED, CAR UNDRIVABLE SO WOULD APPRECIATE QUICK REPLY
IP Logged
rodhgv

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: ENGINE LOOM
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10th, 2013, 5:28pm »

FORGOT TO ADD CAR IS 24V COSWORTH
IP Logged
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10th, 2013, 5:44pm »

sounds like your after the engine bay loom, Alan on here is in process of breaking one but its likly any second hand one will be damaged just by removing it due to the route and locations its run
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10th, 2013, 11:06pm »

Got mine from Fordpartsuk. Last price I saw was round about £250. Have got an old one that I was going to put on before I managed to trace a new one.
IP Logged
rodhgv

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11th, 2013, 8:41am »

GLYNN,I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BUYING YOUR OLD LOOM IF THE PLUG ENDS ARE OK OTHER PARTS CAN BE REPAIRED BUT CONNECTORS ARE A NO-NO MY TEL IS 01484315949,OR BETTER STILL FINIS NO OF NEW ONE
IP Logged
Glyn

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12th, 2013, 1:06am »

I'll dig it out and see what condition the plug ends are in and let you know
IP Logged
rodhgv

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12th, 2013, 4:45pm »

HAD MESSAGE FROM FORDPARTS UK LOOM NO LONGER AVAILABLE  SO IT LOOKS LIKE DECENT 2HAND ONLY SO HOPE GLYNN CAN HELP ME OUT
IP Logged
Glyn

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12th, 2013, 11:30pm »

Are you thinking of maybe making a new loom since you mention connectors intact? If so what about the connectors on your old loom? Have not located the spare one yet but I notice thst Spikies scorpios have one for sale at£350. Thats where I got mine from. I will ring you tomorrow.  
Glyn
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 13th, 2013, 10:00am »

Rod. This is becoming a significant issue now and in some cases members have made up new looms. The connectors are unique to Ford and not available. One possible answer, depending on just how bad the loom is, is to sleeve the existing wiring with 'heat shrink'. This obviously involves cutting the wires, sleeving them, and then sealing the joint with a larger diameter section of heatshrink having previously passed it over the thinner one and been careful not to warm it!!.
A good firm to supply the heatshrink is This one . Don't use the clear one WITH adhesive as it will go opaque,because of the glue, and you will not be able to see the colour code of the wiring.  If you embark on this method it would greatly help if you could do a write up and/or photos as this is sure to be an ongoing problem. Good luck.  Smiley

This article may help.

IF you have to mess with the connectors This thread may help. You can ignore the cheek from some concerning my skill at engineering!!. Huh Roll Eyes

If you need new internals for the connectors or wire then This is the place to try. Really helpful and knowlegable guy there.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
rodhgv

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jun 13th, 2013, 4:43pm »

Simmo, I think i ought to give the whole story in condensed form. Whilst fitting new CATS I  removed  the manifold, being clumsy i bashed the wires underneath CII3 connection , this caused problems on re- start so i decided to repair the wires ,what a nightmare, every wire was bare but i knew that with logic and care i could fix this but it would have to come out that caused even more damage .Glynn says he may have a 2nd hand one if so I will cut loom in half and splice together BUT I have now lost my notes on pin colour and location. I have dismantled C II3 and c110 and cleaned them up but as Ive said I've lost my diagrams so I may need to contact Eric R, if i can, and see if he has PCM Pin numbers WIRE COLOURS and where they connect to in C113 and C110 its an easy but time consuming job .If Glynn can find his  spare loom it will of course be a lot easier .I'm always up for a challenge (ex guards) so I might even enjoy it but i need to move quickly this weather wont last forever ,can't put her in garage she packed in on the drive andI can't move her (much like the wife) so,end of saga ,to be continued
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jun 13th, 2013, 5:10pm »

Wiring loom details are Here. Do they help?. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jun 13th, 2013, 5:10pm »

If the connectors are unique to Ford, presumably they were used on other Fords of this era - maybe possible to salvage some connectors from other more common Fords from a breakers...Focus, Mondeo, etc...and re-use them Huh
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 13th, 2013, 5:12pm »

on Jun 13th, 2013, 5:10pm, Scorpio_Mike wrote:
If the connectors are unique to Ford, presumably they were used on other Fords of this era - maybe possible to salvage some connectors from other more common Fords from a breakers...Focus, Mondeo, etc...and re-use them Huh

I think that's been tried and certainly the chap at Vehicle Wiring Products says they are unique. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
rodhgv

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jun 13th, 2013, 8:36pm »

I have all the connectors and i have repaired the two plugs under the power steering reservoir, This is not the top loom I replaced that new about 5 years ago what i need is to know which wire from these plugs terminates at the PCM eg  which pin goes to which pin ,etc does 1go to 1 5 to 5 and so on plus the colours .Most i can match but there are 4 bk/wh and 2 p/wh which goes to which . The wiring diagram Simmo sent doesn't cover all the pins from the PCM to c113/110 and wiring diagrams are too piecemeal
IP Logged
Glyn

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jun 14th, 2013, 1:33am »

My apologies to all but having spoken to rodhgv I realise my mistake. I had assumed that he was after a fuel shut-off loom for his 24v but obviously it is not .He has almost completed a repair now but as above just needs info with regard to which pins connect to the PCM.
Glyn
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jun 14th, 2013, 5:39am »

Rod, if you look in how to do things there is a WIRING DIAGRAMS post by Snoopy. Check that out as a quick look at the 24v ignition one certainly has numbers and colours shown. May be that will help. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
rodhgv

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Jun 14th, 2013, 10:54am »

Simmo, Iallready have all the wiring diagrams but that means tracing every component back to the PCM then to C113/110 A LONG AND TIME CONSUMING JOB ,I was hoping someone would have a list or diagram of PCM pin outs and wire colours but it doesn't look like I'm going to have much success  .I think Eric R might be able to help but I can't seem to contact him now he's no longer a SCORP man
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Jun 14th, 2013, 12:10pm »

"I think Eric R might be able to help but I can't seem to contact him now he's no longer a SCORP man "

That has,unfortunately, been the case ever since the day he sold his Scorp and moved..

IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Jun 14th, 2013, 2:14pm »

If this ever happens to my Cossie I'm just going to rip the loom out and Megasquirt it.

I know that's not any immediate use to you Sad
IP Logged
rodhgv

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jun 15th, 2013, 9:15am »

Thanks for all the replies ,unfortunately i didn't get the info i needed (no criticism intended) so it seems I'll just have to bite the bullet and wade through all the wiring diagrams  to see what connects through C110/113 to the PCM and match up all the repeat colours ,this will involve having to remove it Anyone else attempting this DON'T LOOSE YOUR DIAGRAMS OF THE CONNECTIONS,once again thanks everyone .Regards Rod
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.