Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 12:19pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2-9 Dilemma Head Bolts! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   2-9 Dilemma Head Bolts!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2-9 Dilemma Head Bolts!  (Read 3400 times)
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

Re:  2-9 Dilemma Head Bolts!
« Reply #20 on: Sep 11th, 2013, 7:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Easist way to get rad out is from under the car. Takes about half hour if the bolts arnt rusty lol
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Sep 11th, 2013, 8:49pm »

Only if you know what you are doing and nothing goes wrong lol.
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Sep 12th, 2013, 7:30am »

there is a How to on the main site http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/radiator.htm
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
amigafan2003

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Sep 12th, 2013, 8:18am »

When you say hot - how are you detrmining that?  Where is the needle on the temp gauge?  It should sit bang in the center.

Cossies do run VERY hot - you can't keep your hand on the rad hoses for example.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: Sep 12th, 2013, 9:33am »

Bob.
Regarding gauge sender units,I have found in the past that factors 2.9 items always read about 3/4 up the dash gauge when the engine is fully warmed up,when,as amigafan says,the reading should be in the middle.Conversely I had a 2.3 which boiled with the gauge in the middle,the sender was faulty and the thermostat failed shut.The cooling fans seldom come on when the aircon is not in use,unless the car is stationary with the engine running for a long time,and then only in hot weather.Your fan switch is on the offside of the rad,screwed into the tank,you could pull the plug off and bridge the contacts to test it,the big green relay down low on the offside inner wing is the controller,you may well know all this anyway,but just in case  Cool
IP Logged
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #25 on: Sep 12th, 2013, 1:26pm »

Thanks for replies, Amigafan, the top hose is too hot to touch, (not a cossie) The guage seems to fluctuate! The problem is the blessed wiring again, with no cooling fans coming on at all, i missed that! but i have to get about for bits ect, so will temporarily wire the fans to stay on slow for now, unplug the Air con pump but switch this on for full speed fans when required. Thanks Gozz, i seem to have ended up with two different stats one off a 16v. Could someone confirm that the correct one is the one with the spring and disk on the back of the stat please? i used Castrol GTX, 10/40 on the last V6 i had, any thoughts on this please, Thanks Bob
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: Sep 25th, 2013, 6:38pm »

Just to update, The fan switch wiring had packed up, also the fan switch is faulty, The HT lead from the coil was grotty, and one plug cracked, I think one injector may be dribbling causing one plug to be black! also found a very poor earth on the coil, However The tickover is far more stable now, I do feel there is a bit of hesitation when flooring it at around 3K revs, The fuel filter has never been changed, mileage 85K, I suspect the FPR may be week, causing the hesitation, Any advice on this please? otherwise the engine is quite perky! The car is more reliable having completely rewired the engine loom, I will make a tester, or get a star tester /code reader, if poss, Any one got one? so it seems to get it to 100% i need an FPR, FUEL fILTER. AND FAN SWITCH, Then i can start tidying the bodywork, Any thoughts much appreciated, Bob
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.