Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 6:20am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Recovery for crashed Scorp »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Recovery for crashed Scorp
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Recovery for crashed Scorp  (Read 1073 times)
Jeff

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Recovery for crashed Scorp
« on: Nov 10th, 2014, 4:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,
Yeah...HID's run into the back of another car, in the Scorp. Headlight gone, grille, bumper and bonnet damaged, therefore not legally drivable although rad intact afaik.
Prang in Canterbury, I live in Surrey (M25/J11), and I'm working overseas. RAC don't want to know, disappointing that, so any suggestions as to how I get it back home - it's the best part of a hundred miles I guess.
It'll have to sit on my drive until I get home again, then I'll have to set about fixing it. Great having a car worth £500 innit....no repair economically practical, in spite of superb condition.
Any ideas welcomed...?
IP Logged

2.9 Cosworth saloon and 2.3 saloon
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

Re: Recovery for crashed Scorp
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10th, 2014, 6:06pm »

Sorry to hear that Jeff.  
Found this on ebay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-a-mile-car-vans-recovery-transportation-serv ices-delivery-collection-/261329102007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cd86da4b7
Might be worth contacting the guy Huh
Local to me so not too far from Canterbury...

Or just do an ebay search on 'Car recovery' and do a sort by distance from your postcode to find someone more local to where the car is currently located or needs to go  Wink
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10th, 2014, 7:15pm »

Got a pic of the damage?

If not to bad Put a headlight on it, make sure the indicators are visable and drive it back.
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Jeff

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11th, 2014, 2:19pm »

Thanks for the replies Mike and Matt - I like your 'can do' attitude, Matt.
Managed to get a mate with a trailer to go and fetch it, so it will now sit broken on my drive until such time that I can get my hands on it. Working abroad is OK, but you do have to put your life on hold. It's very frustrating. Assuming the recovery is successful I shall have to procure parts. Mike, thanks for your PM. I will send you a photo when I get a chance, but I think I will need a bonnet, grille, bumper, headlight and flasher parts, and possibly scuttle plastics. I will get HID to do a survey as best as she can.
It's the pepper red one that Paul Smith used to own, which had the plate FEK 1T or something like that when he owned it. It's in superb condition otherwise, so this is doubly distressing. My thoughts go to Tompion who suffered a similar (albeit far worse) episode recently. I wonder if he is now driving something else - I haven't been keeping up lately.
Hey ho, no-one was hurt so it doesn't really matter. Thanks for your replies - I never cease to be surprised at the comradeship on this site.
IP Logged

2.9 Cosworth saloon and 2.3 saloon
Victor

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11th, 2014, 6:07pm »

Hi Jeff,  Sorry to read about the Scorpio. Glad that no-one was hurt, that is the main thing.  
All the very best ......  Paul.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11th, 2014, 7:39pm »

Jeff, the fact that it was Victor's  (Paul's) Scorpio makes it even worse.That was one fabulous motor. In the absence of Tompion I can tell you that he is now running  an earlier Granada Scorpio which he brought to the Kent meet last weekend. I think Pegasus and Pagey took some pictures so you may get to see it. Paul you and Anne were in our thoughts.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.