Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 2:04pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« A couple of questions »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   A couple of questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 1470 times)
Tenfut

White Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

A couple of questions
« on: May 20th, 2015, 1:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have just changed the instrument cluster on my 24v due to the airbag light being more on than off. My intention is to get the original repaired and put back on the car.

Question 1, The mileage is now about 30000 less than it was, will this have MOT implications?

Question 2, The code on the back of the unit on the original ended AB. The code on the replacement ends AA. If I am correct this determines whether or not the car is fitted with traction control. Mine has traction control so will this make a difference?

Question 3, Is there anyone in the North West (I am near Preston) who has successfully done the solder job to repair the airbag warning light that could help me out with this as I have never used a soldering iron? Beer tokens and or site donation waiting!

Many Thanks
Tenfut
IP Logged

Everything in moderation!!
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: A couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2015, 2:47pm »

As far as I can see there's no problem over MOT with mileage change:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/fil e/220147/your-mot-certificate-and-odometer-history-black-and-white.pdf

If there is a difference with regard TC I would imagine it would just be whether or not you have a working warning light.

Dave
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Tenfut

White Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19th, 2015, 11:33am »

Question 3, Is there anyone in the North West (I am near Preston) who has successfully done the solder job to repair the airbag warning light that could help me out with this as I have never used a soldering iron? Beer tokens and or site donation waiting!  

Anyone??

Tony
IP Logged

Everything in moderation!!
Technology2005

Scorpio 2.0 Ultima x 2

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16th, 2015, 11:19pm »

on Jun 19th, 2015, 11:33am, Tenfut wrote:

Anyone??

Tony

I've done this repair on my Scorpio before, and have to do it again on another as soon as I get the cluster out.  Sadly I'm the other side of the Pennines in York but happy to have a look at the panel if you're over this way anytime.

David
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.