Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 2:03pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Don't try to Gild a Lilly! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Don't try to Gild a Lilly!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Don't try to Gild a Lilly!  (Read 427 times)
OldTuckUnder

New Scorpio Owner

View Profile

Don't try to Gild a Lilly!
« on: Sep 4th, 2018, 11:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As when I'd replaced the lower sills (that didn't need doing!) I'd had to respray the sills in, I thought I'd carefully clean up a couple of scabs on the rear arch lips, and treat them and inside the the wheel arch lip.

Took it carefully so that I didn't damage the paintwork above the inch or so wide band around the arch, so that I could have a go at blend spray into the wing. As its moon dust silver metallic I thought it might work.

Never used a blend spray before but was very happy when I put the final clear lacquer that the colour just seemed to blend perfectly, and when I put the buffer on with a finishing compound the lacquer looked really good, I'd taken the blend out on to the wing by about 8-10 inches.

So today I was just refitting the Mud Flaps, when glancing up the sun caught the panel and I noticed a slightly dull strip on the lacquer, and thought I'll put the polisher on that....

5 mins later whoops, a small hole in my new top lacquer, 30 mins later I'm carefully rubbing back my nice blended paint and lacquer back to the arch.....

Tomorrow try and get as good a result as I got first time, and this time accept that "good enough" is "good enough"  

Alan
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.