Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 6:22pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« The Ford 6000 CD RDS units »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   The Ford 6000 CD RDS units
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Ford 6000 CD RDS units  (Read 398 times)
DavidBE

1998 Ghia X 2.9 24V Auto Estate

View Profile

The Ford 6000 CD RDS units
« on: Mar 23rd, 2021, 12:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can anyone tell me if the 6000 CD RDS units are 4 x 7 Watts like the 5000 or 4 x 20 Watts like the 7000?

And do the 6000s with the rotary volume control which is also the on off, and separate CD and eject buttons work fully with the Scorpio like the older 6000s with an on/off button, volume rocker and cd/ej button? I'm thinking mostly of whether the steering column remote still works, as the socket (in pictures) looks different - longer - but like the plug might still fit.

Thanks.
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

Re: The Ford 6000 CD RDS units
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23rd, 2021, 8:30am »

Have 6000's in some of ours and they still work on the stalk OK

7000's have a habit of losing display, but in my opimion sound a lot better (from a guy who has 40000 singles -bit ripe I suppose)!

Cool
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
DavidBE

1998 Ghia X 2.9 24V Auto Estate

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23rd, 2021, 2:36pm »

Ah. I managed to get hold of a 7000 and in as much as I got it working at all, it sounded much better than the 5000 that came with the car. So 6000s are probably 4 x 7 watts like the 5000 then and 5000 quality sound. Unfortunately this 7000 is one that has lost its display (mostly completely blank, a few times it displayed a jumble of bits of the display elements, and once very briefly displayed the radio screen for a few seconds before the screen freezing). Blind operation got it going a bit, but not enough to set various things I want to. And forgetting that I can no longer think clearly and dive into and fix devices the way I used to, I part dismantled it and then blundered - pulled off something I thought was plugged into a circuit board but actually was soldered to it. Duh! I don't think my now poor eyesight and dexterity and muzzy head are up to reattaching it.

Hm. While the sound from the 7000 the little bit I had it going was nice, I would have happily stuck with the 5000 if only it would work with the adapter that plugs into the CD changer port and lets me connect my phone to play through the system. It worked with the 5000 on my last Scorpio, and appeared to work with the no-screen 7000. But with the 5000 that came with this Scorpio it only works for usually 1 to 2 minutes before suddenly producing an error on the display and switching back to radio, and won't them work again until I pull out the 5000 and unplug and re-plug the adapter, after which it will work again for just another 1 or 2 minutes. I'm now ... 90% sure the problem is with this 5000. 6000s appear to be cheap and quite plentiful, so I'll try getting one. I can only find one other 7000 for sale, and that's going for what to me is silly money (£140 - can't afford that).
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23rd, 2021, 7:13pm »

The 6000's as you say are plentiful at present, they were original on the non ultimas I think.

Have one wood finish from a fiesta in my 97 cossie but sound is not comparable to the 7000 units (not just me then with a head full of records (sorry "vinyls as the millenias call 'em).

Used to find regualr use got the display workin, so when I got out of the car would press for 1 hour radio and turned vol dwn, there are a few threads on here to do with this but finding a good one with a working display is a slog!

try a 6000 they are fine and you get 7 cd capacity 9so long as you have a multi changer in the boot Grin Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.