Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 6:16pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cosworth 24v - E5 or E10 fuel »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Cosworth 24v - E5 or E10 fuel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cosworth 24v - E5 or E10 fuel  (Read 317 times)
Tenfut

White Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

Cosworth 24v - E5 or E10 fuel
« on: Nov 9th, 2022, 12:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As per heading which is best?

Cheers
Tony
IP Logged

Everything in moderation!!
Torbayboy

View Profile

Re: Cosworth 24v - E5 or E10 fuel
« Reply #1 on: Nov 9th, 2022, 5:58pm »

Go on then I''ll give my take on this.

Right you go into a pub ask for a pint of best, but at 18 fl oz the bartender stops pouring your beer and walks to the water tap and fills you glass to the brim, he than asks for payment of the full pint, I pour it over him and walk out.

Your motor has been developed to run on petrol, they got away with the 5% intrusion, because as usual brits are generally nice people who don't want to make a fuss.
 OK but you're still paying 100% of petrol price for 95% petrol, you could of course buy a diesel and run it on chip fat from the local chippie, but even he would eventually catch on and use it himself!

Problems all over the web with the watered down stuff, A it's crap and now a year later peoples cars are suffering , and B see first paragraph.

We brits love being conned, wether its, (green) electricirty from wind etc , still being charged at gas prices but this should change soon now the cats out of the bag, car manufacturers ignoring stainless steel can be used to make cars, Internal combustion engines can run on hydrogen and you get h2o from the exhaust, all shussed up and forbidden by our "masters" as they know better (meaning back handers for all, apprentice dictators for PMs to note just a couple).

Switch back to e5 as it's the best you can get now without going bankrupt whilst running your cossie it needs you to drive it regularly.

Enjoy the roads before we all have to have speed limiters retro fitted to make sure we stay inside the limit as going any faster and making more breeze than a butterfly flapping it's wings will be ill-eagle (did you see wot I done there? sick bird- remind you of a PM).

Possibly for a run (don't leave it in the tank as it absorbs moisture), buy and it use same day then fill up at home with e5 as you get back.  Not sure on mpg though, probably does less with more pee in it

Huh

See not all Debn is asleep, oh the ex Xander 12v went MOT clean a few days ago, so now all Scorps here are done and u to date, cheers people. Cheesy Cheesy
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11th, 2022, 10:53am »

HI Tony
I think E5 is better. I use tesco e5 when I can get it. but our cars are ment to be ok witth E10 . I have been useing it and it seems ok if a little down on power and slightly less mpg.
Regards Gerald.
IP Logged
Tenfut

White Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15th, 2022, 1:46pm »

Thanks I will stick with E5 for now.
IP Logged

Everything in moderation!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.