Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 4:25pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Engine bay rewiring Gurus »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Engine bay rewiring Gurus
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Engine bay rewiring Gurus  (Read 55 times)
cobrascim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Engine bay rewiring Gurus
« on: Jun 17th, 2024, 3:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So having rewired the engine/gearbox top male plugs C110/C112 it is time to tackle the bottom plugs and probably the rest of the loom in the engine bay through to the internal cabin ECU, dash, controls etc.
Have folks managed to run new wiring without taking the engine out is really my question. From previous reads it would seem so and would preferably be the route to go. Engine out would certainly make it much easier mind you.  
Engine has been badly overheating recently losing 4 litres each time and I'm pretty sure fan was not cutting in which presuming is due to the  remaining wiring.  
Think I also had the airlock problem of heater matrix as it was running cold inside car during this overheating spell. So not sure what damage might have been done.
It does feel like one issue after another with these cars dont it?
John.
IP Logged
cobrascim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: Engine bay rewiring Gurus
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17th, 2024, 3:57pm »

I also need to look at the new thermostat that I fitted as im sure the radiator was never getting warm which would not help either. Worried about where this 4 litre of water was actually going. I lifted the bonnet after switching engine off water was up at level on bottle then I watched it all reducing after 5 minutes as it sooked into the engine.
IP Logged
brds

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17th, 2024, 4:38pm »

John, There's absolutely no need to take the engine out. It's a big job but would be easier if you have the dashboard out. I rewired the complete ECU & sensors loom a couple of months ago and I'll soon be putting it all back into the car. Details are in the thread "Powertrain Control Module (PCM) C402 pins" in the Problems forum that we both contributed to earlier in the year. I'll update that thread in due course. Good luck, Bob
IP Logged
cobrascim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18th, 2024, 9:34am »

Thanks Bob. I was thinking of taking the dash out after seeing how awkward it was running my new screened cable to ECU via a different route. Some of the dash mount points need to be looked at from the time of the build as it doesnt "clip in properly anyway. So opportunity to do that I suppose. Ant tips appreciated and will look at the other thread again as I remember seeing loom handing out over the wings.   Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.