Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 10:06am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Digi not so moto »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Digi not so moto
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Digi not so moto  (Read 3362 times)
granorpio

1998 Silver Facelift Cosworth

View Profile

Digi not so moto
« on: Jan 1st, 2005, 2:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Happy New Year Folks  Grin

Can anyone please tell me if they have used the Digimoto diagnostic software on their Scorpio and if so did it work  Huh

I have recently purchased the said software package and hardware gubbings and have found that I get no response from the car at all  Angry  The supplier of the kit is also baffled as to why their is no feed back  Huh

Thanks in advance  Wink

IP Logged

- Mike -

So nearly said "goodbye" but now Scorpio will see another day, alongside the replacement! eek!
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Digi not so moto
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 9:58am »

hi there

have you checked the plug in the car? i remember someone having a bent pin in the plug, so nothing would happen. they fixed the pin and it's working fine now.
IP Logged
phuturephantasy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 4:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I bought  Digi-Moto in a package with the OBDII interface and I have NEVER got it to work with my Scorpio either, the Scantool software which I also got with it works 100% fine.

If you ever manage to suss it out let me know.

I have tried Digimoto 3.6 and  3.7 and No go with either.
IP Logged
granorpio

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:36pm »

Thanks for the reply  Wink

Great  Angry unfortunately the scantool software is not designed for use with a Pocket PC  Cry

I originally bought the PC version with the OBDII interface and then changing my mind on purchasing a laptop computer I decided to buy a Pocket PC, so I purchased this version of the software as well  Embarassed

Spent fortune £  Shocked on equipment and no result what an ***** *****  Angry  Angry  Angry

Shall contact dealer this week again and return  
Thank you for your help phuturephantasy  Grin
IP Logged

- Mike -

So nearly said "goodbye" but now Scorpio will see another day, alongside the replacement! eek!
Dave_h

2.0 16v ultima tourmallard green

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 10:00pm »

like wise couldnt get digimoto to work couldnt mention when you ring that to them all the feedback is on this site
IP Logged
TonyS

Scorpio Nutter - 12 years

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 9:15pm »

There is some Pocket PC stuff for the ELM 320 based interface which I think the DigiMoto software is supplied with. Check the gendan site(www.gendan.co.uk from memory)
IP Logged

1996 Mk4 2.9 24v Estate
granorpio

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 12:44am »

Hello everyone  Grin
Finally back after some computer problems ie: complete crash and burn, never mind problem sorted (hopefully)  Lips Sealed

Update on this topic:

Both the desktop and pocket pc versions of Digimoto are definately not compatable with the Scorpio (well mine anyway).

The Scantool PC software included with Digimoto I decided to try (lugging the computer (finally working) into the car) did fair better with some sensor readings being displayed but NOT though, unfortunately, the trouble codes. I even experimented with attempting to create trouble codes as none were shown, but it doesn't help with the software not being able to show pending codes.

All in all a waste of time and money  Cry

Having returned the afore mentioned kit I turned my attention to the AutoEnginuity Scantool package (dear but supposedly very good) and guess what having tried it out tonight it doesn't work either. This won't even connect to the vehicle  Angry Where's the post box  Huh Angry

So me thinks its time to start again with a laptop and the FREE software so often mentioned on here.  Undecided
What on earth was I thinking,  Huh we will learn Embarassed still I will talk to the suppliers (Gendan) and see what they have to recommend next.

May I just add (not wishing to advertise) that Gendan Automotive Products (www.gendan.co.uk) are extremely nice and helpful people to deal with and highly recommended despite these problems Grin  Grin

Hope this helps
IP Logged

- Mike -

phuturephantasy

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 11:06am »

Hello Oddjob -  I bought mine from Gendan with Digimoto too and have NEVER got any revision to work, I also tried Auotenginuity along with half a dozen other OBDII programs and the ONLY one that ever worked right was Scantool - I have no problem bringing up trouble codes on mine, I can only assume that you don't actually have any on the car, I have used  mine on 3 different Scorps and worked on every one of them.

Vehicle explorer which everyone seem to use on here doesn't  work with the ELM 320 interface either. If anyone knows any different please do let me know as I've never got VE running on mine despite trying just about every protocol/interface route/speed etc possible.
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 12:27pm »

not forgetting to connect the right lead to the car Grin Grin Grin

(sorry mate,but that's what happens when you will buy volvo's as well Wink Wink)..

got there in the end though Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged
phuturephantasy

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 2:09pm »

Yes Thank You for reminding me of that Craig.  

My Street cred has just taken a dive now - I'll be buying a Mondeo next to top it all off.
IP Logged
granorpio

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 3:43pm »

Oh boy  Shocked
So phuturephantasy does this mean I wounder that the VE may not work on mine  Huh hardly want to go out and buy a laptop as well now  Huh
might cut losses and buy a prayer book and pray nothing ever does go wrong  Sad
Thanks for the reply
IP Logged

- Mike -

phuturephantasy

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 5:35pm »

I can only assume that VE is written specifically for the interface it is Sold with and is not compatible with others for some reason or other.

All I know is my interface works 100% Ok with Scantool and simply will not connect to the car using VE.
IP Logged
granorpio

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:17am »

Hi all  Grin

Now considering the VE software it occured to me as to whether this is read only and that trouble codes cannot be cleared using this software. Can anyone please advise me  Huh

Thanks
IP Logged

- Mike -

scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:08pm »

hi there

yes, you can clear codes with it.

http://www.obd-2.com
IP Logged
granorpio

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 11:37pm »

Thanks scorpio_man

I have now ordered the the appropriate lead off their website complete with an extension cable. 3-15 days delivery - can't wait, fingers now crossed.
IP Logged

- Mike -

bertie

Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 8:12pm »

I can vouch for Gendan company as I bought the  
3100 OBDII / EOBD Fault Code Reader  

it is spot on for reading codes/resetting codes and comes with compehensive instructions and on line advice.

the plus side is it is small and easily moved car to car, better than laptop, though my laptop and OBD 2 software allows moving data stream over fault code etc

hope this helps

simon
IP Logged
granorpio

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 1:38pm »

Thanks bertie

I gather you have the VE software as well, is there a particular reason or benefit for this you that have noticed other than the laptop size issues  Huh
Meanwhile my OBDII cable for the VE hasn't arrived yet  Cry

Cheers
OddJob
IP Logged

- Mike -

granorpio

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Feb 24th, 2005, 8:58pm »

YIPEE  Grin  Grin
Got cable today finally now time to start playing.
IP Logged

- Mike -

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.