Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:28pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« strange code on scorpio »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   strange code on scorpio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: strange code on scorpio  (Read 1681 times)
liblong

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

strange code on scorpio
« on: Jan 10th, 2005, 8:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there.
     My 1995 scorpio ghia 16v auto seems very sluggish and doesn't seem to respond to kick down very well ,
also coming down the gears seems unsatisfactory. Had the gearbox checked and is all ok,but when scanned comes up with an error' p1460 wide open throttle a/c cutout circuit malfunction'(but no other errors) which is very confusing as the car does not have air con....am i right to suspect the wiring loom? Hope some kind soul can advise

liblong
IP Logged
Eric_R
Administrator

Cosworth Owner 1998 - 2006 & site co-founder

View Profile

Re: strange code on scorpio
« Reply #1 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 12:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry for the delay, Lib - I thought I answered this one weeks ago - doh!  Embarassed

This is an unusual one - both because it hasn't been spotted before, and because you don't have aircon fitted !  Where did you get the scan done?  Try and meet with an owner with an OBD lead because the Vehicle Explorer software we use can get better results than some OBD readers in use.

Something has happened in the wiring between the PCM and the engine that has caused the PCM to store this code. If the car ran all right I would have clearing the code and leave it for now.  However, your car is sluggish so something is wrong.

Run through a full CODES check as seen on http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/easyguide.htm. Make sure you get both the Enhanced as well as the ordinary codes and get back to us.

If there are other wiring-related DTCs then I would suspect the fuel cut-off loom, but don't launch into that yet unless you can see that the control wires to the coil packs under the centre cam cover are burnt or cracked. http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/dohcloom.htm  
If they are order a new FCO loom and fit it asap, then clear the DTCs and check again after a few days.

If you find any other DTCs get back to us.
IP Logged

After a Cosworth, anything else is just ... ordinary
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.