Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 1:54pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« New to scorpio »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   New to scorpio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New to scorpio  (Read 1061 times)
Fritz

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

New to scorpio
« on: Nov 17th, 2005, 5:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi

Picked up an Ultima 24V on an R plate about 3 weeks ago. The only major problem I have is that the rad seems to be weeping so I guess I'm into a new rad already.

I do have another problem that I don;t class as major becasue the car runs ok anyway but the AC belt is missing (it was in the boot). I asked the vendor abou ti and they said "oh yeah, I forgot the compressor makes alot of noise so I took the belt off"

On this basis I'm a little concerned about the rest of the car although as I said it seems to run very well.

So I think I want oneof these scans opnly I dont have the faintest idea what it is....

Can someone enlighten me please and perhsp point me in the right direction for other common faults..

I live close to Godstone surrey
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: New to scorpio
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 9:49am »

Suggest you look at the 'Problems' page under leaking radiators. There is a long running saga on this issue. Also keep a look out on the 'Meetings'page for the next Kent meet which is held at Badgers Mount.Hopefully there will be another one before Xmas. OBD scans are usually available there but hopefully somone may come up with an offer before that. In the meantime have a look here http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/faultfinds.htm. Also click on the title FORD SCORPIO which will take you to the front page where you will see a drop down list of subjects and at the bottom of the page there is a 'Search' facility.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pegasus

24V Cosworth  Ultima Born: Sept 97, sold Aug 23

View Profile

Re: New to scorpio
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 12:41pm »

Hi Fritz,

I've pm'ed you.

In the meantime, do check all the info you can on the site. Its excellent and will give you an idea what to look for and what to expect  Shocked

Paul
IP Logged

Go Go Go ...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.