Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 2:00pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« P0141 »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   P0141
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: P0141  (Read 1043 times)
matt

new 95 ghia owner.

View Profile

P0141
« on: Jan 4th, 2006, 8:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Heater Bank 1 sensor 2, I have replaced the downstream lambda which is what i assumed this was. No change, Can i swap upstream for down and vice versa to check, The one i replaced was not a new lambda but out of a scrapper so possible its duff as well.

Thanks
IP Logged
OHC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: P0141
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 8:40pm »

Hello!

Never use HO2S from scrapper's even  it's for FREE!  WinkIt's most likely to be duff! The second HO2S after cat doesn't affect fuelling so this DTC thus undesirable but is not critical! Change HO2S11, check for air leaks and clean the injectors at the garage with special equipment!

Try to clean MAF also but be careful! NoNo Once I destroyed mine: the thin tube I inserted in the carb cleaner can's nozzle were forced out by the pressure and damaged the wire turning the MAF into junk!

Best regards,
OHC
IP Logged
Eric_R
Administrator

Cosworth Owner 1998 - 2006 & site co-founder

View Profile

Re: P0141
« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 11:58pm »

Matt,
P0141 is a heater circuit malfunction. The PCM checks the circuit with built-in software drivers and registers a fault if it detects an open/short or excessive current. The fault can of course be that the heater element inside the HO2S has blown - they don't last forever - but it can also be caused by a fault in the wiring itself, water or corrosion in the connector, and even a low battery voltage.  Check the wiring harness to the HO2S sensor and make sure it hasn't been chafed or the connector corroded. If it has even if you change the sensor for the other one you'll get the same code.

If you are sure that the connector is ok you can check the wiring on the connector with a digimeter. When the engine is cold and and the ignition is on you should detect 12v on the yellow wire to the sensor. Also, check fuse 40 because that's the feed for the HO2S heater.

As OHC says, the post catalyst sensor isn't critical for engine management so it's not the end of the world if the HO2S takes a little longer to heat up than it should.
IP Logged

After a Cosworth, anything else is just ... ordinary
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.