Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 12:22am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« OBD II Connection Failure »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   OBD II Connection Failure
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: OBD II Connection Failure  (Read 1019 times)
Fitzy

WILMAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile Email

OBD II Connection Failure
« on: Mar 1st, 2006, 9:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can anyone help me out here?

I can't seem to get a connection from my OBD lead and laptop.  Have tried using both a USB connection and serial port but still get the same error message.  "Checking all interfaces etc"  then at bottom it says something like "Check Connections, is ignition turned on and is lead connected to both laptop and car"  I've installed the USB To Serial Adaptor driver over a dozen times and still no joy.  Have also checked all the settings, on laptop (checked Com #) and in the Gateway tab in Vehicle Explorer and ticked all the right boxes as per the website instructions.  The lead worked when I first got it about a year ago with my old laptop.  My present laptop is a Dell Latitude CSx with no serial port only 1 USB port, but I do have a Dell Docking Station which has serial port but still can't it to work.  Maybe its my OBD connection in the car that's at fault.  Does anyone know how to check the cars connection?  As I have had the bottom panel off a few times and might have disturbed the wiring a bit, I did check it earlier today and they all seemed secure.  Any help will be greatly appreciated, also if anyone 's in the west Sussex area near Crawley really but will travel some distance to do a scan for me as I still need to find out what's causing my misfire?

Cheers  

Fitzy   Wink Grin Wink
IP Logged

DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHY I DO IT......BUT I LOVE IT...........
Fitzy

WILMAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile Email

Re: OBD II Connection Failure
« Reply #1 on: Mar 2nd, 2006, 8:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

All sorted now got the connection now.  Thanks to Graham and David Hester for your help.

fitzy   Wink Grin Wink
IP Logged

DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHY I DO IT......BUT I LOVE IT...........
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.