Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 8:40am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Don't send me to a Ford garage PLEASE »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Don't send me to a Ford garage PLEASE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Don't send me to a Ford garage PLEASE  (Read 1118 times)
xjagdog

2.9 24v Cos Estate

View Profile Email

Don't send me to a Ford garage PLEASE
« on: Jul 29th, 2006, 11:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Folks,
I am a sort of old newbie from the past, ( I was a member of the old email list service you ran about 3 years ago ) !!!
A lot has happened since then with the Scorpio ( Its a 2.9 24v Ultima Estate ).
About 2 years ago it developed a very bad misfire and the readings from the ODB2 lead well, I can't remember exactly what they said but after reading the info on this great site it was looking like the dreaded wiring loom on the engine.
I did not fancy doing that one myself and I did not have the time anyway so off to the Ford garage  
(BIG BIG MISTAKE)!!!.
I took it in and explained the problem and told them about your site and what you said about the wiring, They said "we will check it on our diagnostic machine as it is much better" HA, HA,
I took them two days to tell me it was an Injector causing the problem so it would be around £170.00, not bad price to get the car fixed I thought.
Another 2 days and I had to ring them again to see what was going on, Guess what they had found another fault this time it was the engine wiring loom.
They ordered it from Germany ( took two weeks ) and it cured the misfire, however when they rang to tell me they also told me they had damaged the tailgate Huh. Some idiot had lifted it up on a ramp with the Tailgate open and it had hit a beam in the workshop. I never yet found out why the tailgate was open to fit an engine loom ( the engine was in the front the last time I looked !!!).
They kept the car for another 3 days to repair the damage and had the cheek to tell me to look after the loan car which they finally gave me.
I had to take it back again after the repair as it was a very poor job, they repaired it again and it looked O.K. at the time but it is starting to rust through now ( the only rust anywhere on the whole car ).Total cost of repair £990.00 !!!!  So you may understand when I say I would scrap it before I would take it back to that lot !!!
Which Ford garage I hear you all asking, JENNINGS in DUNSTON, Gateshead.

Enough about the sad past, back to now.
It won't idle long enough without cutting out to take an Emissions test so it failed it's MOT.
The chap at the garage (not a ford garage) put his diag tool on it and he said it needs two O2 sensors ( on order from Germany, should be here Tuesday ) but I thought it might be worth asking you guys for your opinion before I spend another £1000.
The error codes are p1031,p0141,p0161,p1131,p1132,p0171 and p1270.
I took it for a drive with the OBD2 and recorded the O2 sensors,Maf,rpm etc but I'm not sure how to send the scan file to you.
Can anyone help please.
Bob
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: Don't send me to a Ford garage PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29th, 2006, 2:57pm »

Sensors are about £27 each available from HERE as well as other places.

With regards the file. ZIP it up and put it either on your own web space or on one of the shared web space providers  there are lots about . Or join here http://groups.msn.com/TheFordScorpio1995 and put it up there and link back to it so people can download it and look for you .

Have you cleaned the MAF as suggested on the main site http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cleanmaf.
I am sure others with MORE expertise than me on these matters will tell you more.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
xjagdog

2.9 24v Cos Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29th, 2006, 6:06pm »

Thanks for the reply Dave
Yes I did clean the MAF, did an oil change, air filter etc.. and it made no difference at all.
The bloke at the garage said it might be better to put genuine sensors in instead of compatible ones, (not sure why) but we have ordered 2 from Bosch at around £80 each  OUCH.
I tried to upload the zip file to my own web site but it is a strange system they use, it will only accept text or image files. I will be looking at changing from them soon !!!.
IP Logged
xjagdog

2.9 24v Cos Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 8:30pm »

I put a copy of the scan i did on  http://groups.msn.com/TheFordScorpio1995
in the technical stuff messages.
I would be grateful for any help !!!
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 8:57pm »

hi there

you need to post the 3 files from the scan. it looks like you've 2 different scans. Undecided

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/obdfaq.htm
IP Logged
xjagdog

2.9 24v Cos Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 9:19pm »

Thanks for that,  
I think I have got it right this time
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 9:41pm »

hi there

it's got 2 text files this time. needs to be  .dat,  .txt and  .log

email me direct with the scan. i'll have a look and get back to you tomorrow.

hth

btw, the scan should be of 5 mins long at a warm idle. you need to scan the following....
MAF
LTFT(S)
REVS
ALL LAMBDA SENSORS
ALL CODES.
every minute, rev sharply to 2000 rpm and return to idle WITH THE AIR CON OFF.
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 31st, 2006, 9:20pm »

hi there

i've had a quick look at your scan.

it looks like it needs both front lambda's. not happy with the MAF figures. Sad try a clean.

no chance of running the scan just in idle? can you also include the error codes. plus, if you go into enhanced, check if it's going open/closed loop.

this might take a while, but we should get there in the end. Wink

cheers
IP Logged
xjagdog

2.9 24v Cos Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 31st, 2006, 10:03pm »

The two sensors came today so I went to get them fitted, they turned out to be the rear ones so they have been sent back. The front sensors should be here tomorrow.
The first thing I did was to clean the MAF with carb cleaner, didn't look very dirty and made no change.
The codes in enhanced are p1031, p0141, p0161, p1131, p1132, p0171 and p1270.
I will try an idle scan when the new sensors are fitted and put it on the msn group.
Thanks again
Bob
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.