Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 2:10am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« abs codes »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   abs codes
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: abs codes  (Read 3199 times)
pedropedro

View Profile

abs codes
« on: Oct 4th, 2006, 6:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i  need to read abs codes but am just unable to do this and need some help

i have alex peppers pwm iso cable but regardless of what boxes are ticked it just says unable to connect to server.....has anyone actaully read abs codes with this software ?  

ive emailed him  spoken with him  but nothing will make it hook up ..reads other enhanced codes pats etc but not abs...maybe doing something really wrong here...but its got me beaten

is there anything else that anyone has used/using that reads abs codes please...thanks

IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: abs codes
« Reply #1 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 8:01pm »

Anything here of any use (although it's about using a usb cable):

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=OBD;action=displ ay;num=1157053906;start=0#0
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 8:37pm »

tks for that link but ive done all that i read that thread a while ago ....ive got all the right ports communicating right baud rates etc

i just need to speak to someone who has actually read the abs codes via this software

tks for response
IP Logged
hellblue

Ill have silver,it dries just as fast !

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 9:30pm »

Cant help with the codes but whats the problemHuh
IP Logged

Gary
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 7:00am »

light coming on abs...need to know what code is tripping it
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 7:06am »

Have you read THis. Isn't the most likely cause a dirty wheel sensor?
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 7:36am »

yes read that...the light comes on maybe every 3rd day stays on an hour clears if restart.....prior to light abs doesnt judder as if sensor is bad.....if i could read codes i could see exactly what was wrong...if there were a bad sensor i could see....sems more logical to find out what is going wrong by looking at codes
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 7:48am »

hi there

would it not be easier just to give the sensors a clean. Undecided

as it's not happing all the time, chances are that there won't be a code stored anyway. Wink

hth
btw, someone on the mailing list did at sometime access the abs codes. can't remember who, though.
IP Logged
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 8:03am »

not easy for me to clean sensors dont have jacks...but take point...i thought if it were a sensor abs would work on that wheel whilst signal was bad ie judder prior to lamp coming up

i  get no juddering at all.......just the light on for an hour or so every 3rd day approx
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 8:08am »

hi there

have you checked/cleaned the big multiplug on the abs module? the one in the engine bay. might be the module it's self. Sad

hth

i'll have another look at the obd-2 settings. only have the pwm one, though.

under the option tab... gateway. do you have everything checked that says ISO? and maybe the CAN one as well. have you downloaded ALL the ford files?
can't think of anything else.
IP Logged
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 8:13am »

yes cleaned multi plug...i am sort of resigned to fact it may be the abs unit,,,thats why i want to see codes....it says at base of the post re abs using the pwm iso cable reset codes yourself

i wish i could see the codes....is there some other device avaialble that reads the advanced abs codesHuh  i am sure mots folk are having this trouble ..when i posted before asking how to do ....lots of people read but no answers
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 10:57pm »

Had a quick look through some old posts on the mailing list, not got time at the moment to have a good look, found this from Mark Philbin, but presumably just what you've been told by Alex:
=========================
Go to the Options menu at the top right of the VE screen and click on Gateway then select ISO-9141-2 and KWP Fast, and that's it.

Then when you're connected, go to the CODES tab, then click on Enhanced in the top menu and an Enhanced DTC page appears. Select 'Anti-Lock Brake/Traction Control' in the Server drop-down, then Request the DTCs.
==========================

Dave
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 12:56am »

If you do find out the problem pedro then please post it, as I've got the same prob Smiley
IP Logged
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 7:54am »

Hi Jonny .....sure,  if i find a solution will post it.......I think the software cant communicate with the scorpio ISO protocol properly.......if anyone has ever read the ABS codes can they be good enough to help

IP Logged
hellblue

Ill have silver,it dries just as fast !

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 9:22pm »

If you can use a multimeter you can unplug the sensors & measure the resistance side to side they should be about the same (connectors under rear seat & behind front wheels)rear sensors can be removed with car on the ground, 9/10 come out ok & have 2mm s*i* stuck to them,the fronts will be rusted in 11/10 times!! so a good high pressure air blast will be more the order.I know the snap on scanner will read the abs codes as i had to clear mine after a sensor went down,but do clean the sensors befor you start buying random parts or abs blocks if you cant get the codes read
IP Logged

Gary
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 11th, 2006, 10:02pm »

Hi, not got it fully worked out yet but i can call up the ABS codes with the following settings and the Trican lead

Dont connect but go to ENHANCE and request ABS/TC codes then go online when it prompts.. It doesnt connect but click request again and the codes pop up.
I'm sure thats not the proper way but it worked for me.
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:28am »

thanks for feedback ...a start at least....however i dont have the tricom lead just the pwm  /  iso lead  ....guess i need get that one now.......thanks for the post appreciated
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 9:59am »

Hi, its the trican lead i have, im sure that isnt the correct way to connect but i got a code Smiley

Still learning with VE, got the basics but just starting to look into the depths of it now Smiley
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

twinturbo

24V's Me game!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:12am »

If you have the two way ISO/PWM lead it should work, I can't see the CAN-BUS having anything to do with it.

The can-bus only realy applies to much later cars than the scorpio.

Not that I have tried myself, so when somone works out the settings it would be gr8 to get tehm posted up here or on the main site.

TT
IP Logged
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:37am »

thanks for comments but i have the 2 way iso pwm cable and no matter what settings i make it comes back with "cannot contact server" ....I have asked if anyone out there has actually read abs codes with this software and iso cable but no one has apparently. Realise it should work but the absence of replies when asking if anyone has read codes suggests no one has.

Highlander is the first person to say he has read abs codes with this software to my knowledge anyway...maybe there is something unique about the ford protocol as you cant buy scanners readily that read ford advanced codes..and by some quirk the tricom/trican cable gets around things...??

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.