Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 5:20am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ODB2 Cable Basingstoke »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   ODB2 Cable Basingstoke
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ODB2 Cable Basingstoke  (Read 1370 times)
macw

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

ODB2 Cable Basingstoke
« on: Sep 26th, 2007, 3:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a 1998 2.3 16V Saloon with 170K regularly serviced. It has jut started a gearbox problem and I want to check it out (it was supposed to have beenchaecked at service3 months ago). If someone in Basingstoke might lend me a cable it would be appreciated. Alternatively is there somewhere (open - ODB2.COM is closed) where I can buy one at a reasonable price that works well with the Scoppio and ideally VW Polo (plus othe VW/Audi ideally) it would be appreciated.
IP Logged
Pegasus

24V Cosworth  Ultima Born: Sept 97, sold Aug 23

View Profile

Re: ODB2 Cable Basingstoke
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27th, 2007, 12:38pm »

I'd wait until Alex & co get back from the Oktoberfest next week. Their cables should be able to scan both - just ask for advice.
IP Logged

Go Go Go ...
Robiko

Blue '96 (P) Scorpio Cosworth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 1:25am »

I have an ODB2 cable you can use, I live in Surrey, nr Guildford...
IP Logged

She said "Me or the car" so I helped pack her bags
macw

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 12:44pm »

Hi Robiko,

I'd be interested to take you up on that offer, even if I manage to get one myself, as I really don't know which models are good and what is the best software etc.  

I can be reached on Basingstoke (01256)   three zero one 930 or 0 seven seven three three three six four914 (not today left it at home!) or scorpio  at  macw.co.uk. Sorry for the mess its to stop crawlers hopefully. I travel passed Guildford during the week (mainly working hours) and sometimes at the weekend (not this one). As the car gets older I'd like a little more security as to nothing is obviously wrong with it and the new garage I use (my old one went bust due to it's pension fund!) has been problematic to say the least, even though it was recommnended on this site! Although they should have checked everything at the service I am notg so certain they did. P.S. If you know of an engine loom for a 24V I'd be interested. Mine is an M reg and suffers from the dodgey cabling. I use the 2.3 at the moment.
IP Logged
Robiko

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 1:03pm »

You might be in luck, I have sitting in my car park an N Scorpio 24v (sadly with a hole in the side of the engine as big as my fist, a combination of lead foot, dodgy gearbox and a very nice straight section of the M23), couldn't tell you how good the loom is, but car worked fine (apart from gearbox) until it went bang...

I have the obd2 lead from Alex Pepper, haven't used it yet because my laptop doesn't have a serial port and I haven't had chance to source a USB adapter, I'll try to get one this weekend...

IP Logged

macw

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 2:52pm »

I have a old laptop with serial which I use for these sort of things. Contact youj later. Please email me directly if you want to give out addresses and telephone numbers as crawlers can drag this page for spamming details, as far as I know.
IP Logged
macw

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17th, 2007, 10:09pm »

Robiko,
How's the ODB cable working? I've just had my 2.3 head gasket go in a big way (it had just had a new head). Hopefully the garage which replaced the head will be able to sort it out. We have several Scorpios in the family and anogther 2.3 has just failed its MOT on emissions (CO too high). I'd like to check it out with a ODB cable. The site they recommend seems to be in holiday season. The Alex Pepper you got your's from is it the site in the US or an alternative source? If so could you send me the details. With the post strikes and all the holidays (I'm still awaiting a reply about buying from the US) it seems be taking ages to get the things ordered. I'm also still interested in the loom from your dead Cosworth.
Mark
IP Logged
Robiko

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15th, 2007, 7:30pm »

Hi Mark, sorry about the long delay, been busy with this and that...still haven't got the USB connector for the obd2 cable so haven't tried a scan yet...dead Cosworth is still here waiting to be dismantled so whenever you want to come and take a look at the loom and see if it's any good to you...

You can catch me at rob at robiko dot co dot uk
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.