Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 4:26pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« OBD 11 Screen problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   OBD 11 Screen problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: OBD 11 Screen problem  (Read 589 times)
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

OBD 11 Screen problem
« on: Feb 16th, 2019, 10:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,
I have the Alex Pepper lead and have used it many times, happily.  
I connected it up this morning: No codes so I went entered PID Possible, selected Long shift and short shift fuel trims and the MAF. I then went to Graph and entered in these.  Nothing happening so I played about with the side data switches to no avail.  I gave up the ghost, returned to 'Status' only to find the readings in the right hand window reading: Oxygen Sensor  NO.  Oxygen Sensor Heater  NO. EGR  NO.

I have disconnected and re connected a few times but nothing different  Undecided

I am stumped.

Help please, I love my Scorpio and miss driving her very much.

Mike
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: OBD 11 Screen problem
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2019, 5:08pm »

Mike,

I wasn't sure what you were saying so just tried mine.

Are you saying you highlighted PID possible & clicked send (or pressed enter). There's no advantage in that - just leave it as default  (PIDSUP 01-20). If you want items not listed go to Enhanced along the top & select "Support" & press enter (don't select "All" or "Possible" - you just get things the car doesn't support).

When you selected say MAF & pressed enter was it displaying the data & time in the Data tab.

I assume when you went to graph you ticked the "plot 1" (or 2 or 3) alongside MAF etc.

"Oxygen Sensor  NO.  Oxygen Sensor Heater  NO. EGR  NO." usually means you haven't completed a drive cycle since the codes were cleared or since you disconnected the battery. Possibly you clicked a button that reset the PCM whilst trying to get the software to work.

I take it this isn't a fresh install of the software that hasn't had the unlock code entered.

Dave

IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: OBD 11 Screen problem
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17th, 2019, 9:15am »

Thanks Dave.

Since I last cleared the codes I have had the Bty disconnected many times as I have changed various sensors, so that could well be the answer to 'NO's'. I did indeed press the reset button, a couple of times, so that may have done something Undecided  .
( Are you saying you highlighted PID possible & clicked send).... Yes Dave, I did that  Roll Eyes But now I will follow your advice.

My Pepper Lead and the Laptop came fully loaded courtesy of my friend Graham Toye, quite a few years ago. I confess that I am really nervy about 'doing things' so I have not played about with it that much.  But now it is a case of needs must   Roll Eyes

More info on my other, related, thread.

Mike Cool
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.