Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 4:20pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Has anyone ever managed to access module settings? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   OBD Advice
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Has anyone ever managed to access module settings?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Has anyone ever managed to access module settings?  (Read 382 times)
DavidBE

1998 Ghia X 2.9 24V Auto Estate

View Profile

Has anyone ever managed to access module settings?
« on: Oct 6th, 2021, 6:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone managed to access and change Scorpio module settings via OBD2? My old Scorpio never had a working remote, but this one has two pristine ones working fine (after new batteries) and it would be nice to change the setting to have the indicators flash on lock/unlock like other cars. I recall reading here that LHD Scorpios are set to flash by default, and Ford main dealers could change the settings in our RHD ones with an FDS/WDS2000 hooked to the OBD2 port, but I rather suspect that no Ford dealers will still have the equipment or knowledge these days.

After so much time, the mountains of different OBD2 scanners etc on Amazon/eBay etc, I thought there might be some owner accessible method now. After some Googling. I bought a lead, installed FORScan on my laptop and connected the laptop to the OBD2 port (first time I've connected anything to one). Somewhat to my surprise FORScan connected straight away, correctly identified the car and modules, listed 11 DTCs (!), offered me several vehicle tests and one service function, but the Configuration and Programming section where I was hoping to see some options like the lock/unlock flash remained completely blank. So I'm just wondering if I've missed something, am trying to use the wrong lead or software, or whether this ability just never was (and now never will be) worked out for Scorpios. (I noticed the developers of FORScan saying in posts on their forum years ago there weren't the numbers or demand for them to add additional functionality in it's support for Scorpios.)

Hm, given that I didn't connect to the car to read DTCs, I've now got to choose whether to ignore them (given that the car's working) and try to revert to a state of blissful ignorance, or pursue them. They appear to run the gamut from the odd (about things I didn't think Scorpios are fitted with) to the weird (DTCs saying things aren't working that actually are) to the disconcerting.
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

Re: Has anyone ever managed to access module setti
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2021, 9:25pm »

Many on here are wiser than me, but my ole daddy lived by "If it ain't broke-dont fix it"

Sometimes the chase for perfection is not worth the trouble, time or costs.

But you raise an interesting senario.
 Grin
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 7th, 2021, 7:00am »

There are a couple of members on here with the FORD WDS 2000 which is able to program etc . Might be worth an ask where they are/ Also I am sure those more clever and able than I will be along to assist with your questions.  
Good Luck
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12th, 2021, 11:54am »

If you double lock the car the indicators flash – but not really what you’re asking.

I’ve not found anything in FDS to do what you ask, the only thing I’ve found is the taxi mode which allows the boot to be opened with the ignition on.

Codes can remain even if the problem has been fixed I would note the DTC’s, clear them and see what comes back.
If I remember correctly in Forscan you need to click the reset DTC triangle button at the bottom of the DTC tab (clicking the dustbin only clears the list not the codes).

I always have 3 or 4 codes about boot lock failure, I think they’re to do with opening the boot with the car locked and always come back.
After clearing codes you’ll always have one about drive cycle – that will go once you’ve driven a few miles and the engine may be a bit lumpy on start up until the computer relearns the sensor values.

Any codes that return look up what they are and decide if they matter to you.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.